Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 2, 2024, 4:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MERGED: The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ (Part 1) & (Part 2)
RE: MERGED: The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ (Part 1) & (Part 2)
(December 15, 2014 at 5:30 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: That's your opinion.

And your opinion is contrary, right?

(December 15, 2014 at 5:30 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Appeal to popularity, and there are 5+ billion who are not, so you can't even claim any kind of a majority. I'm talking about the people who are convinced in THIS thread, by YOUR argument. Stop moving the goalposts.

No matter how many people are unconvinced by my arguments, my argument could still be true...so it isn't a matter of how many I convince...just like it isn't a matter of how many people in this world are Christians.

(December 15, 2014 at 5:30 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Beats the hell out of me. But what I note, is that without exception, not a single one of them showed their work either - and so that claim is not taken seriously.

Not taken seriously by who? You?

(December 15, 2014 at 5:30 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: If you can *prove* that the majority of historians accept the claim, it just might be taken as more than certain people's opinion. You claimed you could. You failed.

Yeah, I failed...I only had quotes and videos from men that have dedicated most of their lives to this kind of work, and would know what the general consensus is on this subject...yeah, epic failure on my part.

(December 15, 2014 at 5:30 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: So? I acknowledge that *a* man may have existed that the myths are based upon. So what?

What do you mean "So what?"...that is what the entire first part was about.

(December 15, 2014 at 5:30 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: You claimed you could make a case for demonstrating it's truth. A historical Jesus is plausible, but not proven

It is proven to the vast majority of historians...it isn't proven to some ignorant secular folks in a atheist forum who don't have a clue on the consensus or the historical method.

(December 15, 2014 at 5:30 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: , and it's wholly irrelevant, because you aren't arguing towards the historical Jesus, you're arguing for a *divine* Jesus

And that is precisely why you people won't readily accept the evidence for the existence of Jesus, because you know that it will eventually lead to the path of a divine Jesus. If the same evidence was presented for any other person in history, there wouldn't be this cold hard denial of the fact.

(December 15, 2014 at 5:30 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I'm pretty sure that a given person is an authority on what would be required to prove a particular claim to them.

You are absolutely right.

(December 15, 2014 at 5:30 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: "pimp"? Did you just call me pimp? LOL

Yeah, and I didn't mean literally either.

(December 15, 2014 at 5:30 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Than stop claiming you proved what is merely your opinion, as you did in the OP of Part 2 before we merged it. It's intellectually dishonest, but we've come to expect that - as is refusing to consider material that is presented to them, as you did in this thread not long ago.

You say I didn't, I say I did.

(December 15, 2014 at 5:30 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: To be perfectly clear, I couldn't give a flying fuck whether a person existed who's life the gospels is based on (the so-called "historical Jesus").

No doubt...everyone won't be saved, obviously.

(December 15, 2014 at 5:30 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I do care about honest epistemology and intellectual integrity. All I've seen from you is opinion, assertion, and the same old tired inconclusive bullshit that hasn't changed a whit in the nearly thirty years I've been doing this (obviously, not here).

Kinda remind me of a little segment I watched on pancreatic cancer, and the oncologist said something like (paraphrasing) "there hasn't been any progress on pancreatic cancer for the past 30 years".

That may be true, but the disease isn't any less deadly now, is it? ROFLOL

Compare that to what you said, and....you will get my point Big Grin

(December 15, 2014 at 5:55 pm)Stimbo Wrote: And H_M: if you have a problem with the operational staff and the way we run this forum, please come right out and detail your concerns so they can be addressed. If you continue to post snide comments in the way you have been doing, it might be construed as flaming and/or similarly obstructive behaviour and dealt with accordingly.

To use one of your favourite arguments, the vast majority of the member base is perfectly happy with Staff decision making.

I aint trippin.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus (Part 2) - by Exian - December 12, 2014 at 12:34 am
RE: The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus (Part 2) - by Spooky - December 14, 2014 at 12:01 am
RE: The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus (Part 2) - by Cato - December 14, 2014 at 1:48 pm
RE: The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus (Part 2) - by Cato - December 14, 2014 at 3:45 pm
RE: MERGED: The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ (Part 1) & (Part 2) - by His_Majesty - December 15, 2014 at 10:48 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To Atheists: Who, in your opinion, was Jesus Christ? JJoseph 52 2743 June 12, 2024 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The power of Christ... zwanzig 60 4875 August 30, 2023 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Jesus Christ is the Beast 666 Satan Emerald_Eyes_Esoteric 36 8293 December 18, 2022 at 10:33 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Creating Christ JML 26 3393 September 29, 2022 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  So has Christ returned TheClearCleanStuff 31 3524 May 20, 2022 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  CHRIST THE KICKER…… BrianSoddingBoru4 15 1526 January 3, 2022 at 10:00 am
Last Post: brewer
  CHRIST THE KILLER..... ronedee 31 3727 December 26, 2021 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
Rainbow Why I believe in Jesus Christ Ai Somoto 20 2934 June 30, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  In what way is the Resurrection the best explanation? GrandizerII 159 16911 November 25, 2019 at 6:46 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Consecrated virgins: 'I got married to Christ' zebo-the-fat 11 2132 December 7, 2018 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Angrboda