Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 29, 2024, 11:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evangelical Alliance: "We aren't homophobic women-haters"
RE: Evangelical Alliance: "We aren't homophobic women-haters"
(December 18, 2014 at 9:33 pm)Lek Wrote: I've got no problem with taking responsibility for my views. I think your problem is that you're christophobic. You're views toward christianity are very hateful. Or maybe you don't really hate christians, but you just hate some of their beliefs.

Oh, don't be ridiculous. Rolleyes

I live with two christians. My in-laws are christians. Some of the people I respect most in the world, old friends whom I still talk to today, are christians. I don't hate christians, but I freely admit to hating some of the beliefs that christianity tries its hardest to engender, and I won't be shamed for that. Some ideas are despicable, they deserve to be reviled. I'm sure you're with me, for example, in hating the idea of racism, or slavery.

No doubt you've taken my last statement and are attempting to find some way to spin it to justify your christian views, but you can stop with that right now. How do we determine which ideas are sufficiently negative to be hated? Rational justification is the first step, and it's also the step at which any christian claim fails: you're not going to be able to say that you revile sins like homosexuality in the way I've just described, because the justification for that (god wants it) does not pass even basic tests of rationality until you can demonstrate a god, his opinions, his authority, and the rational justification for those last two as well.

It isn't going to go well for you.

Quote:My comment about the union of two dogs has nothing to do with homosexuals. I was just trying to come up with a ridiculous example of what someone might try to define as marriage. If I offended anybody, I'm sorry.

In my home country an actual senator, discussing potential gay marriage laws in an official, parliamentary context, compared homosexuality to bestiality. It's a common dehumanizing point of comparison made by certain conservative groups, so it's got some connotations attached to it. Might be a good idea to steer clear of animal comparisons when discussing this issue. Tongue
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Evangelical Alliance: "We aren't homophobic women-haters" - by Esquilax - December 19, 2014 at 3:19 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The decline of evangelical Christians. Jehanne 48 7273 January 30, 2019 at 9:21 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  A look into the mindset of an Evangelical Trumptard drfuzzy 10 1891 October 12, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Doonesbury Trashes Evangelical Hypocrites Minimalist 162 26054 May 7, 2018 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Chad32
  Women as priests Der/die AtheistIn 53 9406 August 4, 2017 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Three Christian Women marry Jesus Divinity 21 4697 July 14, 2017 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Christian war on women Fake Messiah 30 4938 April 6, 2017 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Is it possible to avoid masterbation or nocturnal emission if you aren't married ? The Wise Joker 63 10872 January 31, 2017 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Interesting survey of Evangelical beliefs in USA Bunburryist 33 6502 October 11, 2016 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Evangelical pastor Rick Wiles warns of demonic Pokemon that will be exploited by ISIS KevinM1 22 3195 July 20, 2016 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Christian Apologists Act Like Abused Women Rhondazvous 17 4483 May 17, 2016 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: abaris