Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 2:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian war on women
Christian war on women
OK I certainly don't want to come off being overly dramatic or overreactive, only to discuss. Maybe you can enlight me about this. Some may know I would mention the ongoing christian war on women in those news topics, but now I saw a book that made me open a dedicated topic. The book is described on Amazon page "Praised by the Vatican!".

Title of the book is "Marry Him and Be Submissive" by catholic woman living in Italy named Costanza Miriano and translated on couple of languages, or should I say in all catholic countries.
The book is based on misogynistic lines in the Bible by St. Paul which your everyday Christians (Catholics) usually ignore and pretend it doesn't exist or delude themselves that they mean something else. Like "A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve."

This book "Marry Him and Be Submissive" is taking this seriously. Now I didn't read the book but I did a little research and it seems Catholics are defending it that it is more then a title and that it says women should not endure beatings from the husband in her submission to him.

Sure, but there is more way to discriminate human being then beatings. Is this book discriminating toward women? It seems to me. Like I said I didn't read it but let's look at the research and decide together.

From the description on Amazon:

"Whether to keep waiting to get married (No! Dive in! You ll never be 100% ready. )"

Really? You'll never be 100% ready means you're ready regarding the education and career? Yeap, pretty submissive.

"How to stop worrying about all the cushy first world problems and embrace the true joys of family life (even if it means cutting back on Facebook a little)"

To me this sounds like "Get into kitchen, you don't need to understand about world's problems because you're a woman and you don't matter"

"Miriano boldly, playfully, and profoundly takes the lives and loves of modern women head on, and shows how true marital happiness and holiness is found in submission. And she shows how submission real, true submission, which is about love, humility, and support will lead you to salvation. Far from belittling women, it empowers them (and their families) in ways that secular feminism can only dream of."

Yikes!

And even honest reviewers who liked the book wrote: "This is not about being a carpet, is only to follow the suggestion by St. Paul and leave the lead to the husband, who immediately would react loving even more the wife."

From the interviews with the writer Costanza Miriano, that are awailable online, it seems to get even worse:

"Also, just as Mary, with her feet, kills the serpent, so must I kill my tongue — because I don’t always have to comment, to criticize my husband. So he said in that way I could be a good wife — not that I had to be submissive for the sake of being submissive, but because I had to stop being so critical, so unbearable, as I was at the beginning of marriage."

Oh so that's what that "misunderstanding" about the title of being subbmisive is. She's only submissive because she realised she has to shut up? wtf?

"Yes, because I think feminists chose the wrong ways to affirm women, to empower women, because we adopted the masculine way. We tried to become like men, and we are not men, so we don’t need power, strength or independence. We are different. But we are not happy [because of feminism]. I know of many women who have power, success in their careers, but at the end of the day, they’re not happy, deep down."

Well this sums it down, doesn't it?

"I think, at the beginning, feminism was just like a request: We needed to be looked on by someone else, we needed someone else’s eyes on us, and when we asked for this, we asked for attention, someone to tell us we are beautiful, we are lovely. So at the beginning, feminism was a request about our looks, and it was like a spring, because women wanted to be seen. But then we adopted men’s strategies, and we lost our path — because we call abortion a “right,” the right of killing our children, to kill through using contraception."

"If we have to define a woman, the most appropriate image is a room for other people."

Again, I can't see how this book can turn out to be positive in any way.

To summon this up. I could go on with her ramblings but I think I got out what her book is about - if I'm wrong maybe someone can correct me.

I know what some of you may think "So what? Who cares, it's only a book." - yes, but like I wrote in the beginning that it is praised by Vatican which means that this book is advertised prominently in every Catholic church by people they consider the highest authority and Catholic newspapers, magazines for women to take this seriously.
RE: Christian war on women
Religion, concocted by men suffering from tiny dick syndrome has always sought to oppress women.  That some women welcome being treated like shit is understandable in terms of Stockholm Syndrome.
Catholics think of women as less than men.

They'll claim otherwise, but it's pretty clear in their bible and in their actions.

"Men and women have different roles!"
"Why?"
"Men and women were created for different things."
"So what makes a man and a woman so different, that women can't be priests or bishops or cardinals or pope?"
"Well... it's just not god's plan."
"Why? Do you need a dick to preach?"
"Well of course not... it's just."
"Cause that's the big difference between men and women. Apparently a dick is required to be a catholic priest."
"Well, no... I mean..."
"I guess it's needed if you want to molest altar boys."
"That's just a few priests..."
"Who get their crimes covered up by the church. You know it makes a lot of sense now why Priests have to have dicks."
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
That stuff is crazy and harmful and even in the US there are a small amount of people who live by it.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
Christian or Pauline war ??

Paul hijacked/retconned/subverted so much of the Jesus stuff, kinda hard to tell . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Maybe.  Maybe not.

The evidence for "paul" is as shaky as the evidence for jesus.
This idiot sounds like the typical privileged religious woman, who has "chosen" a life of servitude and found that (for her anyway) it works, and somehow thinks that means it's liberating for all women. Way to shit on all the women in this culture who have abusive husbands and don't want to be there, giving these men this justification like that.

This is comparable for me to Muslim women who defend the hijab as a "religious freedom" and assert that it's rarely forced. It's the same thing. Here again we have brainwashed women with Stockholm Syndrome, holding up the misogynistic values of a regressive Stone-Age cult, and re-packaging them like they're somehow empowering and liberating for women.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Why does everything have to be a 'war on' something? Can't we just say 'are dicks to women' without making everything a war against something.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Be serious.  We're 'Murricans.  Making war is the only fucking thing we know how to do any more.
(April 3, 2017 at 8:12 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Maybe.  Maybe not.

The evidence for "paul" is as shaky as the evidence for jesus.

Boils down to somebody retconned, rewrote and revised somebody else.  Attributing the heretical displacement of the 'Biblical Jesus' message to the hands of 'Biblical Paul' is rather more devastating to the advocates of Biblical truth than attribution to a 'flock' of anonymous scribes, no ??

[snicker]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nailed to a cross, Filipino prays for Ukraine war to end Ferrocyanide 1 545 April 8, 2023 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  The Gospels and the war in Ukraine. Jehanne 15 1988 April 7, 2022 at 7:25 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  The Holy War Johanabrahams 105 8492 July 17, 2020 at 9:11 am
Last Post: brewer
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 88894 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Discrimination, oppression, and the War on Christianity Losty 124 11514 July 27, 2019 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  The War on Christmas Chad32 29 3992 January 15, 2019 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Phoque
  Women as priests Der/die AtheistIn 53 8311 August 4, 2017 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  While Judaism may have had forced marriage war booties, i think it reasons is for it Rakie 17 3958 August 2, 2017 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Three Christian Women marry Jesus Divinity 21 4330 July 14, 2017 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Christian Apologists Act Like Abused Women Rhondazvous 17 4033 May 17, 2016 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: abaris