Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 1, 2024, 5:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MERGED: The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ (Part 1) & (Part 2)
RE: MERGED: The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ (Part 1) & (Part 2)
(December 21, 2014 at 12:59 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Also, Jesus as a historical person who's fame was limited to his own vicinity

Oh, here we go again. The Great Xtian Paradox, trotted out for another whirl around the dance floor by desperate believer trying to do CPR on the corpse of their 'god.'

Fucking Jesus was SOOOOO important that the priests had to break every rule in their own book to hold a trial on Passover because thy couldn't wait ONE MORE FUCKING DAY to deal with this dangerous rabble-rouser but...at the same time... he was so insignificant that no one alive at that time even bothered to take note of him.

This bravado is hilarious. You Jesus Mythicists provide some of the most outstanding entertainment value currently available online. ROFLOL

But a moment of seriousness here, if I may, and allow me to point out how your position is flip-flopping:

If, as we agree, Jesus was pissing off the Jewish Sanhedrin, Priests, et al, then wouldn't it be obvious that he would be considered an enemy of the Jewish people?

Now bear with me here ...

If he was an enemy of the Jewish people, including high ranking Jewish officials such as Philo- who by the way was in Egypt at the time of the crucifixion- then how can you reasonably expect a high ranking Jewish official such as Philo to use the crucifixion of Jesus as some kind of fodder against Pilate?

Think about that, because it's perfectly sensible. If the Jewish leaders wanted him dead, and crucified by Pilate, wouldn't it be a little stupid for them to complain about Pilate killing him?

Your position on this is without any merit, or any serious thought. No insult intended, of course.

Quote:See what I mean when I say I'm tired of schooling every jesus freak who comes along spouting the same old nonsense. You aren't any different than the rest....except you are brazen about editing your own stories.

There's nothing you've said here that provides any kind of schooling whatsoever. It's mere bravado, and impoverished argumentation. Again, no offense intended.

Angel Cloud

Messages In This Thread
RE: MERGED: The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ (Part 1) & (Part 2) - by Free - December 21, 2014 at 1:14 pm
RE: The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus (Part 2) - by Exian - December 12, 2014 at 12:34 am
RE: The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus (Part 2) - by Spooky - December 14, 2014 at 12:01 am
RE: The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus (Part 2) - by Cato - December 14, 2014 at 1:48 pm
RE: The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus (Part 2) - by Cato - December 14, 2014 at 3:45 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To Atheists: Who, in your opinion, was Jesus Christ? JJoseph 52 3777 June 12, 2024 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The power of Christ... zwanzig 60 5794 August 30, 2023 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Jesus Christ is the Beast 666 Satan Emerald_Eyes_Esoteric 36 8812 December 18, 2022 at 10:33 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Creating Christ JML 26 3853 September 29, 2022 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  So has Christ returned TheClearCleanStuff 31 4065 May 20, 2022 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  CHRIST THE KICKER…… BrianSoddingBoru4 15 1650 January 3, 2022 at 10:00 am
Last Post: brewer
  CHRIST THE KILLER..... ronedee 31 3982 December 26, 2021 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
Rainbow Why I believe in Jesus Christ Ai Somoto 20 3240 June 30, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  In what way is the Resurrection the best explanation? GrandizerII 159 18777 November 25, 2019 at 6:46 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Consecrated virgins: 'I got married to Christ' zebo-the-fat 11 2385 December 7, 2018 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Angrboda