Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 7, 2024, 9:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why so many "anti-feminists" in the atheist community?
RE: Why so many "anti-feminists" in the atheist community?
Quote:I'm just assuming here, but I image if I got into the crime underwolrd, that most of the females WOULD be gold diggers, whores or sluts, and most of the main characters WOULD be male.
Maybe, but since videogames are not supposed to imitate everything about reality (not by 100%) and can influence how we perceive the world it is a form of entertainment there would be nothing wrong in making a cool smart female crimelord with an expertise in martial arts or something like that - Wouldn't it be cool? Just saying, you don't need to go into the same trope all the time. I'm pretty sure of it. Since GTA is not realistic because of how the justice system handles you, or how you can die and revive at the hospital, and because you play as a criminal, would it be bad creating at least one cool character or wife that cared about something other than money? I mean there are criminals with supporting wives and daughters and all of that - If you've watched the series Sons of Anarchy you'll know that criminal organizations are sexist but they still care about women and women have roles to exercise in criminal organizations other than being hookers or gold diggers.

Quote:As for them being male-- there's never been a time in history when males haven't formed armies. There have been few historical records from any time which didn't glorify armed conflict and relish in describing the details of said conflict. I think it's unlikely that social norms lasting at least 5,000 years are just cultural artifacts.
Religion is also biologically natural then? And doesn't biology evolve? We behave differently from millions of years ago - Wouldn't it be justified that we are biologically evolving and leaving aside our primitive or wrong instincts?
Quote:Also, as a male, I can say that before I had ANY cultural influence, I knew I liked to see naked women. In grade 1, a friend and I found a Playboy magazine in a ditch, and we went freaking bananas. One of the highlights of that year, for sure. Smile
And females like seeing naked men, it's normal if you are straight.
Quote:Natural is not necessarily good-- and in the case of male traits, it's often counter-productive. However, when it starts to be relabeled as dysfunction, then there's going to be a pscyhological conflict there. How can we evolve if we're not willing honestly to accept what we are, right here and right now?
No one is labelling that as dysfunction other than retarded people. But saying, for instance, that men rape attractive provocative women just because "that's how men are, boys will be boys" is a psychological and social problem is not inaccurate at all.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why so many "anti-feminists" in the atheist community? - by Dystopia - January 2, 2015 at 10:13 pm
SPEEDBUMP - by Fidel_Castronaut - December 4, 2015 at 9:42 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many of you atheists believe in the Big Bang Theory? Authari 95 6140 January 8, 2024 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: h4ym4n
  History: The Iniquitous Anti-Christian French Revolution. Nishant Xavier 27 2342 August 6, 2023 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  I'm no longer an anti-theist Duty 27 2112 September 16, 2022 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  How many of you know that there is atheism in Sanatana Dharma ? hindu 19 2360 June 7, 2020 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
Information [Serious] How many reasonable solutions are there to any particular social issue? Prof.Lunaphiles 69 7562 April 11, 2020 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Does forming an atheist community pose a risk to becoming a religion? yogamaster 42 4807 June 22, 2019 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Angry Atheists and Anti-Theists Agnostico 186 19403 December 31, 2018 at 12:22 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Isn't Atheism anti Christian than anti religious? Western part atleast Kibbi 14 3574 October 5, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Why do so many Christians claim to be former Atheists? Cecelia 42 6390 April 1, 2018 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Why America is anti-theist. Goosebump 3 1139 March 1, 2018 at 9:06 am
Last Post: mlmooney89