Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 10, 2024, 12:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Philosophy of Salah/Daily Connection/Prayer
RE: The Philosophy of Salah/Daily Connection/Prayer
I don't get the point of prayer.

Continually thanking God and telling him he's amazing: if he requires or demands this, that's his problem. You shouldn't give gifts to expect thanks in return. Certainly not eternal thanks. If he's going to punish you for not doing it he's an egotistical psycopath.

Asking God to do stuff: this implies god isn't already going to do the best course of action.

Also, God already knows what I'm thinking all the time anyway.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Philosophy of Salah/Daily Connection/Prayer - by robvalue - April 10, 2015 at 12:05 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to pray based on the Quran alone: prayer in Islam as I understand it WinterHold 69 14637 December 21, 2019 at 8:41 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Du'a Nudba (The prayer of sadness) Mystic 13 1920 October 7, 2018 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  A poem of Salah I wrote back some years ago: Mystic 3 2582 April 4, 2018 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: SaStrike
  What is the islamic philosophy regarding toys? Ciel_Rouge 8 5154 October 28, 2012 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Kane