Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2026, 12:04 am

Poll: How would/will you vote in 2016 U.S. presidential election?
This poll is closed.
Oh, I'll vote alright. But only for an anti-liberal Republican. Government belongs in your bedroom, not your cash register.
0%
0 0%
Oh, I'll vote alright for whoever wins the Democratic nomination. I'm a realist who embraces incremental change by necessity.
45.71%
16 45.71%
Oh, I'll vote alright, but definitely not for one of the major parties. No progress is possible without changing the paradigm.
0%
0 0%
Oh, I'll vote alright, for the person I think will best lead the country regardless of party affiliation.
28.57%
10 28.57%
No way. It doesn't do any good. I never get my way. Waaaahh.
0%
0 0%
No way. Anarchy forever. Bring down the machine.
2.86%
1 2.86%
No way. I ignore politics altogether and try to live a simple, local and real life.
2.86%
1 2.86%
I don't know.
5.71%
2 5.71%
What's an election?
0%
0 0%
Other goddammit, o-t-h-e-r!. Stupid polls never include my preference!
14.29%
5 14.29%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
If you were or are a Murican, how would you vote in the 2016 election?
#42
RE: If you were or are a Murican, how would you vote in the 2016 election?
(April 23, 2015 at 12:35 pm)Chad32 Wrote: So far I hope Elizabeth warren gets the democratic spot, because she seems to be a good candidate. I heard about her through Secular Talk.

(April 23, 2015 at 12:36 pm)Alex K Wrote:
(April 23, 2015 at 12:35 pm)Chad32 Wrote: So far I hope Elizabeth warren gets the democratic spot, because she seems to be a good candidate. I heard about her through Secular Talk.

How seriously can we take her denial that she is going to run?

There was an excellent podcast (either Radiolab or This American Life - they all run together now...or hell, it could have been Freakonomics) discussing how mayors and other locally elected officials get a shit-ton more done than the "higher ups" in our government.

Warren appears to be very happy with her version of being "lower down" in order to continue yelling at people and moving things around in the Senate. I really doubt she'd be happy sitting in the gridlock that is the Presidential seat. Obama has the temperament for that. So does Hilary. They both know how to troll their naysayers.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: If you were or are a Murican, how would you vote in the 2016 election? - by thesummerqueen - April 28, 2015 at 8:54 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024 US Presidential Election Thumpalumpacus 3056 729185 August 20, 2026 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Earning the Vote FrustratedFool 111 27460 November 9, 2023 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Kevin McCarthy loses 6th vote for Speaker Jackie 111 25778 January 7, 2023 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Bacha Bazi: how poor Afghani boys were raped. WinterHold 76 23381 December 29, 2022 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Jackie 19 6355 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Would you vote for a Scientologist? Fake Messiah 19 3925 March 14, 2021 at 12:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Want to sell more guns? Vote ( D ) onlinebiker 145 37281 February 26, 2021 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Jackie 6 2762 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 22411 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Lincoln Project/Vote Vets ad, featuring Sully..... Jackie 18 4458 September 30, 2020 at 3:58 am
Last Post: Sal



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)