Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 2, 2026, 7:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Ask a bored, formerly Jewish, overly opinionated submissive
#14
RE: Ask a bored, formerly Jewish, overly opinionated submissive
(May 18, 2015 at 2:07 pm)Saxmoof Wrote: Does fifty shades of grey annoy you as much as me?
You have no fucking idea.

(May 18, 2015 at 2:07 pm)Saxmoof Wrote: It's clearly written by someone who has no knowledge or interest in BDSM and aimed at people in that same boat. It gives the impression that Dominants are dominant because they were abused as children and Submissives are submissive because they have tragically low self-esteem - this is the way a vanilla person would try to rationalise BDSM, by thinking to themselves, "what would make me want to hurt someone/be hurt by someone" when really there is no rational explanation - it's just an innate desire we have. It pissed me off so much when there was all this media hype around it and you had all these vanilla people passing off their ignorant opinions on fluffy day time talk shows, they could have just asked a dominant or submissive onto their show - we're real people, not just a porn category! It wouldn't have been so hard to find one of us
Basically all of this. I could make a literary critique of it, but basically this review says everything I ever could want to say about it, WITH GIFS, and bonus, even if you don't care about the topic it's funny as fuck. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/34...lse&page=1

(May 18, 2015 at 2:07 pm)Saxmoof Wrote: Does this annoy you as much as me (as it does me I should say, obviously i'm not annoying at all)? People seem to think dominance/submission is something you do rather than something you are - I had submissive thoughts and feelings towards girls and teachers in school before I was in double digits, before I knew what submission was - I didn't get bored with normal sex and then graduate to "kinky sex" whatever that means. Submission is just the natural way i'm attracted to women, I couldn't look at a woman i'm attracted to and not want to place them on a pedestal above me and devote myself to them even if I tried really, really hard

That is all

I don't have quite that exact feeling as a submissive - it would take longer than I have this hour to describe, though I will attempt to later - but basically my annoyance is that 1) people don't have a nuanced view about anything, much less kink, and 2) they have all the wrong conceptions when they have any at all.

(May 18, 2015 at 2:24 pm)Alex K Wrote: As someone calling herself a former Jew, how do you feel about many many "atheist Jews" still calling themselves Jews for cultural / identity reasons? Isn't there this joke, "what do you call a Jew who doesn't believe in God?"
Would you like it if they dropped the label to give atheism more of a voice, or do you think the cultural identity trumps that?

No, I don't mind much, because Judaism was insular for so long that there very much is a culture attached to it. I can elaborate on this, if you wish.

I'm not like those piss-ants who bitch about Tyson not ID'ing as an atheist.

(May 18, 2015 at 3:10 pm)c172 Wrote: Do you/did you "keep Kosher"?

Nope. We didn't eat pork, but we didn't separate everything. I started eating bacon because...bacon. Then I moved down to a BBQ pork state.

(May 18, 2015 at 3:35 pm)TRJF Wrote: Why are you bored, and is there anything I can do to help?

My work is shite. This kind of stuff is cool. I've found that when you open up about stuff, other people are willing to open up as well, and I like learning about people.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: Ask a bored, formerly Jewish, overly opinionated submissive - by thesummerqueen - May 18, 2015 at 5:01 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Ask a firearms enthusiast deleted 41 24251 June 8, 2023 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Ask someone completely disillusioned about Americanism. Jackalope 35 21089 March 21, 2022 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Ask a trans. Jehanne 20 14919 January 3, 2022 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Ask an Uber driver. Goosebump 1 4234 January 2, 2022 at 6:01 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Ask a critic T.J. 16 9569 January 2, 2022 at 5:19 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Ask a poor person BrokenQuill92 49 27052 December 9, 2021 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Ask a woman who just turned 50. Divinity 41 22450 November 30, 2021 at 9:01 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Ask a dog mom BrokenQuill92 16 11250 November 30, 2021 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Ask Eleven Kitan Etos 36 21322 June 26, 2021 at 9:33 am
Last Post: Frank Apisa
  [Serious] Ask an American expat Jackalope 12 7910 January 12, 2021 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Jackalope



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)