Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 6:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] Big Announcement and Invitation
RE: [split] Big Announcement and Invitation
(May 19, 2015 at 12:56 am)Parkers Tan Wrote:
(May 18, 2015 at 10:31 pm)Randy Carson Wrote: Yes, it is. But not one the media wants to talk about. Homosexuals are preying upon these kids...homosexual priests to be sure, but they are part of the homosexual community. And this doesn't fit well with the current love-affair that the media has with the LGBT agenda.

They are part of the theist community.  You know, the community that says "without god, we wouldn't be moral".  Now, by behaving in such an immoral fashion, are they actually saying that there is no god -- or are they saying that that line about morality requiring god is bullshit?

Or, and you will shudder to think it,  are they saying both?

You follow the moral teachings of the rudderless.

Quote:It happens in schools, it happens in Protestant Churches, it happens in Catholic Churches, it happened at Penn State, etc, etc. But the Catholic Church draws the heavy fire. Why do you suppose that is?

I've criticized it wherever I've seen it. Paterno and Penn State caught hell for their oversights. I will be happy to list the protestant perverts who have done this misdeed, and excoriate them as well.

But while you're busy pointing the finger at others, you still haven't answered the question, which is why do you follow the moral authority of a church which generates and protects perverts?

I almost feel bad for having to point out to you that simply because someone else did the same thing, it doesn't excuse your Sunday padre his little lustful moment with the choirboy.  That whole "two wrongs don't make a right" thing.  You might have heard of it -- but then again, to judge from your posts in this thread, you might not be familiar with the idea.

Quote:Please cite the post # wherein I defended priests who have committed this or any crime. Are you actually following the thread at all?

Numbers 29, 40, 44, and 53 -- you repeatedly attempt to deflect attention away from the fact that your own "holy" men bugger children, by bringing up other examples.  Additionally, you brush off the words of your own Christ regarding the genesis of corruption in an organization in order to preserve your viewpoint that the Catholic hierarchy has behaved appropriately in regards to the molestations it has protected and enabled.

You're not fooling anyone with your slimy rhetoric. If a Catholic priest does it, you will either justify it, or deflect from it, and both are forms of defense. In these cases, you've chosen the latter method. You're not fooling anyone here.

You are defending child molesters by trying to deflect attention from them onto others.  You are refusing to address the point that a moral authority such as a priest should not be doing things like, you know, fucking children in the ass.

Quote:I did, and you have not understood. See my previous posts.

Oh, I understand quite well what you're up to; I simply have no time for bullshit. You will quit deflecting and present your position on the Church's defense of child molesters, or you will continue to be regarded as a defender of child molestation.

If you don't like that, tough shit.  If you lay down with dogs, you're bound to get fleas.

Quit the dissimulation, and speak the truth.

Quote:You are speaking here of physical death? Yes, death is a result of the fall. But your experience of life does not end when you stop breathing, Parker. Your spirit continues on living. FOREVER. 

Evidence, please.

Quote:But you're pissed because people die? Even of old age? And that's God's fault because we don't live forever?

No, Einstein.  I'm saying that you criticizing an atheist regime for killing a hundred million while your god has killed literally billions according to your own holy book is a clear case of double standard brought about by bias.

This isn't rocket surgery.  Pay attention to what is being said and quit trying to be clever, because  let's face it, you're not qualified for that. Your own holy book says that god introduced mortality into mankind as a result of the Fall. Do you really want to argue otherwise? Are you so unlearnt that you need chapter and verse?

Or are you simply being dishonest?

Quote:How many people has the Catholic Church declared to be in hell, Parker? Ballpark number?

I don't give two shits rubbed together what your church has to say about something of which it has no knowledge.

Quote:You're suggesting that Christianity teaches the rape of children as one of its formal doctrines?

Do you have any support for this position?

Is English your native tongue?

Reread what I wrote, and don't insult my intelligence with this sort of tripe again.

Parker-

I have not defended the priests who were guilty in any way. Instead, I said they should be prosecuted and those bishops who protected them should be retired. This is a fact that is easily verifiable from my posts.

I have pointed out that the percentage of homosexual priests who preyed on young people is far lower than the percentage of school teachers who do the same thing. That is not a defense; it is a fact. But you don't want to stop to consider that the number of homosexuals who prey on children is LOWER in the priesthood than in the general population, do you?

Why is that, Parker? If the facts reveal that Catholic priests are LESS likely to abuse children than the guy living down the street from you, that just screws your whole "why I hate the Catholic Church thing", doesn't it? And instead of being able to claim that Christianity "generates" perverts, you may have to consider that Christianity heals them. And that spoils all your fun.

But here's a fun alternative for you: the Catechism of the Catholic Church is available online with a great search tool here: http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc.htm

See if you can find anything in the Catechism which encourages pedophilia or homosexuality. Either show where the teaching of the Catholic Church "generates" perverts or admit that it does not.

Oh, and one other answer you won't find: the Church does not teach that anyone is in hell.

Your argument that God is guilty of murder is ludicrous.

(May 19, 2015 at 3:24 am)robvalue Wrote: Right. Any place where gays will be discriminated against just for being gay is not somewhere in interested in going to.

Even priests who are supposedly very close to God and talk to him and all that, still can't be persuaded not to abuse children. And God watches them do it, not stepping in, not even throwing them out of his church. Fuck free will. If someone is harming someone else, the harmed party has had their free will compromised. So why is the free will of the abuser to be preserved as precious while the poor child loses their free will, they can't get away, while this sick fuck abuses his authority and trust? God is not punishing them, neither is the church.

Bollocks piss weasels fuck balls to it all. Until the Catholic Church hands over their abusive priests to the police, along with all the evidence they hold, and does so in the future as soon as a crime is committed, it is a criminal organisation. Fucking arse shards. God cannot even keep his own house clean, so he can get lost.

Rob-

How many priests have been disciplined or defrocked? Do you have any clue?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/vatican-reve...ince-2004/

(May 19, 2015 at 12:08 pm)robvalue Wrote: Exactly. It's a rotten false dichotomy.

God makes robots OR you have to be able to molest children.

I think religion often encourages this kind of binary thinking.

Rob-

How would God create a people who were NOT "robots" if they were denied free will?

And if an all-powerful God cannot create such people, how will widespread or universal acceptance of atheism create better people and prevent the rape of children?

Messages In This Thread
[split] Big Announcement and Invitation - by LastPoet - May 17, 2015 at 9:54 am
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Cato - May 17, 2015 at 9:55 am
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by dyresand - May 17, 2015 at 9:56 am
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by c172 - May 17, 2015 at 9:58 am
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Anomalocaris - May 17, 2015 at 10:04 am
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Iroscato - May 17, 2015 at 10:17 am
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Longhorn - May 17, 2015 at 10:21 am
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Crossless1 - May 17, 2015 at 10:23 am
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Alex K - May 17, 2015 at 10:38 am
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Cyberman - May 17, 2015 at 11:18 am
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Aoi Magi - May 17, 2015 at 11:28 am
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Minimalist - May 17, 2015 at 11:32 am
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Aoi Magi - May 17, 2015 at 11:42 am
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Randy Carson - May 17, 2015 at 11:53 am
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Longhorn - May 17, 2015 at 11:55 am
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Randy Carson - May 17, 2015 at 11:57 am
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Iroscato - May 17, 2015 at 11:59 am
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Cyberman - May 17, 2015 at 12:03 pm
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Minimalist - May 17, 2015 at 12:04 pm
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Randy Carson - May 17, 2015 at 12:11 pm
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by downbeatplumb - May 17, 2015 at 12:13 pm
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Minimalist - May 17, 2015 at 12:15 pm
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Cyberman - May 17, 2015 at 12:15 pm
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Randy Carson - May 17, 2015 at 12:16 pm
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Cyberman - May 17, 2015 at 12:18 pm
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by dyresand - May 17, 2015 at 12:19 pm
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Longhorn - May 17, 2015 at 12:19 pm
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Aoi Magi - May 17, 2015 at 12:20 pm
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Randy Carson - May 17, 2015 at 12:20 pm
RE: [split] Big Announcement and Invitation - by Randy Carson - May 19, 2015 at 5:59 pm
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Cyberman - May 17, 2015 at 12:24 pm
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Randy Carson - May 17, 2015 at 12:26 pm
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by dyresand - May 17, 2015 at 12:29 pm
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Minimalist - May 17, 2015 at 12:30 pm
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Cyberman - May 17, 2015 at 12:31 pm
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by dyresand - May 17, 2015 at 12:34 pm
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Cyberman - May 17, 2015 at 12:36 pm
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Randy Carson - May 17, 2015 at 12:59 pm
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by dyresand - May 17, 2015 at 1:00 pm
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Iroscato - May 17, 2015 at 1:14 pm
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Randy Carson - May 17, 2015 at 1:14 pm
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Cyberman - May 17, 2015 at 1:26 pm
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by downbeatplumb - May 17, 2015 at 1:39 pm
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Minimalist - May 17, 2015 at 1:46 pm
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Randy Carson - May 17, 2015 at 2:04 pm
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by dyresand - May 17, 2015 at 2:45 pm
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Ravenshire - May 17, 2015 at 3:45 pm
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by rexbeccarox - May 17, 2015 at 3:49 pm
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Brian37 - May 17, 2015 at 3:51 pm
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Minimalist - May 17, 2015 at 4:01 pm
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by Angrboda - May 17, 2015 at 4:20 pm
RE: Big Announcement and Invitation - by SteelCurtain - May 17, 2015 at 4:33 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] Are Questions About God Important? Confused-by-christianity 621 37912 December 9, 2023 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Invitation for Atheists to Debate a Christian via Skype LetsDebateThings 121 13569 June 19, 2019 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  An invitation to debate. Jehanne 63 8840 December 22, 2016 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  The Big Debate -- Price versus Ehrman Jehanne 43 9941 November 26, 2016 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  The ignorance of science and the big bang in christianity dyresand 10 2317 May 1, 2016 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  So, "Noah" had four big-ass cranes? Minimalist 27 4666 April 15, 2016 at 1:52 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Planet Bieber update: Justin debunks the big bang theory TubbyTubby 32 6249 October 1, 2015 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  [split] Hello everyone Chili 204 36768 January 5, 2015 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  BIG THEOLOGY NEWS!! FreeTony 30 4670 December 11, 2014 at 12:36 am
Last Post: Sejanus
  Pope Gives Evolution a Big Banging StealthySkeptic 27 4323 October 29, 2014 at 8:49 am
Last Post: FatAndFaithless