Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 13, 2024, 6:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones Season 5 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN]
RE: Game of Thrones Season 5 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN]
(June 15, 2015 at 11:32 pm)Clueless Morgan Wrote: Okay, just finished watching and.... *sigh*

I'm reviving Sansa+Theon=4ever - or until Ramsay finds them with broken legs outside the walls of Winterfell. I sure hope they jumped into a snow drift or something. I loved that Sansa broke herself out of her room and had the "If I'm going to die I want to die as me" kind of moment.

Spoilers

Quote:Cersei.... Cersei, Cersei, Cersei... It's hard not to think of how much she deserves to be knocked down a few notches, but at the same time I watched that whole scene thinking that no one, not even Cersei, deserves that kind of humiliation. That will definitely have hardened her resolve and I fear what might happen to her enemies in the future...
Agreed. One thing the show does pretty damn well is getting us to feel sympathy for characters once thought irredeemable. And her face was great when Frankenmountain was carrying her away, like a "i'm going to kill them all" face.

Quote:Dany - okay, last time this season:
FREE THE DAMN DRAGONS!!!!
Your subjects grow restless, Dany...
[Image: giphy.gif]

I swear in one of the trailers there was a scene with a dragon shadow flying over King's Landing so I was fooled by where she was dropped off. I thought she was in Westeros....
That shadow of a dragon over King's Landing was in a vision Bran saw last season, the big question is if it was a vision of the past or future~

Quote:I'm so glad that Varys is back with Tyrion. They're the dynamic duo who seem actually kind of capable of ruling a city, let alone a whole continent. Throw in sexy Grey Worm with his belly bandage and we're looking a some good politics happening.
Yeah, the Tyrion-Varys buddy cop comedy is one of my favorites in the show.

Quote:Arya... Huh? She killed a guy for self-serving purposes, got it. She did something bad, no arguing. But going blind? Huh??
Punishment from Jaqen. One does not take duty to the Many-Faced God lightly!

Quote:Jaime... His daughter dies in his arms right before Father's Day... bummer. :p
Yeah that sucked for him :c

Quote:Jon. Hm... I was surprised on the one hand, but not on the other. Sam gets sent away to become a maester leaving Jon completely friendless now, so it was almost inevitable that something like that would happen. Ollie was staring daggers at him for weeks. I actually thought for a moment that the red woman coming through the gates of Castle Black was Sansa and thought "wow, she made really good time!!" but alas...
He's like his father. He actually missed the trees for the forest. So focused on the grand overarching ideas of peace with the wildlings and unification against the white walkers that he totally missed the dangerous positions in which he was putting his men, who had spent genertaions fighting against the very people he gives free land to, while they're all bound to the wall for life. Shocking moment, but not unexpected. I do hope the red woman plays a role though, since it would be kinda pointless to make a show of her arriving before he dies.

Quote:Now the waiting begins... Maybe I'll have read all the books by next season? :p
Do it! The books are amazing.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game of Thrones Season 5 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN] - by FatAndFaithless - June 16, 2015 at 2:24 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Captain Marvel movie w/ spoilers Rahn127 0 364 March 9, 2019 at 2:04 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  I wan't to express, that I disliked Rick and Morty season 3 Der/die AtheistIn 38 2755 February 6, 2019 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  'Tis the Season (almost) -- your favorite Nativity photos here! Jehanne 38 2990 December 27, 2018 at 8:44 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Upcoming movie movie trailer discussion Alex K 50 6347 October 22, 2018 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
Video Game of Thrones Season 7 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN] SteelCurtain 357 68453 January 28, 2018 at 9:37 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  X-Files season 11 (maybe) Foxaèr 10 1963 January 26, 2018 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
Tongue Let's talk Black Mirror season 4 Aoi Magi 23 3873 January 15, 2018 at 9:35 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Which is the best survivor season? ErGingerbreadMandude 4 1082 October 22, 2017 at 9:34 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Game of Thrones Season 7 trailer, "The Long Walk" Aegon 3 950 March 30, 2017 at 3:06 pm
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  Do not watch the movie, "The Arrival" because it is pro-life propaganda. {Spoilers} Foxaèr 21 5097 February 6, 2017 at 11:01 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda