Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 24, 2024, 5:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is everybody when it comes to 1 Corinthians 7:3-5?
RE: Where is everybody when it comes to 1 Corinthians 7:3-5?
(July 6, 2015 at 11:09 am)Nope Wrote:
Quote:what if... the bible didn't actually authorize rape, but instead tell MARRIED Couples that we should not just think of ourselves and only have sex when both are in desperate need of it. What if, the bible says that we should be mindful of our spouse' needs and provide them with sex even if we are not in desperate need of it?

I don't understand how you are using the word desperate in this context, Drich?

Ian
Quote: This verse was a huge problem back when I was a sex repulsed catholic, also when I thought I was asexual. I didn't want to have to consent to sexual encounters because it grossed me out. I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like if my girlfriend and I were in a catholic marriage and I had to submit to her while I was repulsed. To this day, I'm still repulsed by certain activities.

Drich
Quote:Then maybe you shouldn't get married. Because marriage is not about you. You seem to be more worried about you than providing for your spouse. What Paul is saying here is Sex is indeed apart of the provision/obligation married couples have to one another. If you can't provide for her then maybe it is best you do not marry someone you know going into a relationship you cant provide for. Because ultimately it will fail.

Some people are asexual and can be in happy,  in a committed relationship.  Of course, both individuals should go into the marriage aware that  they probably are going to have very little sex

I know aces can be in a happy committed relationship. I have an account on Aven, so it's become apparent to me. What I was trying to say was that for me personally, I was sex repulsed, and didn't want to consent to sex. Now, by going solo, I managed to rid myself of most of my repulsion. I still might be a gray ace though, or I might be a Demi-sexual. Both are branches of Asexuality.
If pinkie pie isn't real, then how do you explain the existence of ponies, huh? If ponies are real, then that's proof that Pinkie Pie is real. Checkmate, christians!  Heart

-- Book of Pinkie Pie 7:3

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where is everybody when it comes to 1 Corinthians 7:3-5? - by IanHulett - July 6, 2015 at 12:24 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When the Rapture comes- all the children leave professor 58 11650 March 17, 2014 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  1 Corinthians 10:31 Lemonvariable72 24 5489 October 29, 2013 at 10:58 am
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Which Comes First? Retorth 115 50288 November 8, 2009 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: Ryft