Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 4:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 1.57 Average
Proving The Resurrection By the Minimal Facts Approach
RE: Proving The Resurrection By the Minimal Facts Approach
(July 14, 2015 at 7:50 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: Sooo, I'm Nemo for good now? Cool.

Looks like I really do roll so hard motherfuckers wanna find me Big Grin

Ever seen/read Little Nemo? It's about a little kid who has to travel through some kind of nightmare world to fight, like, the biggest baddest monster dreamland has ever seen. That shit is nerve-racking.

At any rate...Kudos to Randy for taking the "Ignore" blinders off. I probably still qualify as a rude person the commanding majority of the time, but you know...baby steps.

There are no verifiable facts in the Minimal Facts approach. Calling them "facts" is just an underhanded way of trying to discourage debate on them. In referring to "non-biblical" sources, you're still referring to early christian scripture at least in part...they just happened to be early christian scriptures that for whatever reason did not make it into the bible. This puts their validity as supporting "evidence" about on par with the bible itself, because they are once again the claim.

That's the core problem with the whole argument: it insists on touting claims as evidence. You haven't changed your mind, obviously, looking at all your posts, but for anyone else reading this...that's what happened. Randy spent 84 pages saying "These claims count as evidence of themselves," and most of the rest of us stood back and said "No, Randy, no they do not." For 84 pages. GG everyone.
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Proving The Resurrection By the Minimal Facts Approach - by Redbeard The Pink - July 14, 2015 at 9:45 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proving evolution? LinuxGal 24 2886 March 19, 2023 at 10:36 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  What will win the god wars? Faith, Fantasy, Facts, or God? Greatest I am 98 6892 December 28, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  In what way is the Resurrection the best explanation? GrandizerII 159 16140 November 25, 2019 at 6:46 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Travis Walton versus The Resurrection. Jehanne 61 15975 November 29, 2017 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Why do Christians believe in the Resurrection of Jesus but not alien abductions? Jehanne 72 12111 June 27, 2016 at 1:54 am
Last Post: Redbeard The Pink
  We can be certain of NO resurrection - A Response Randy Carson 136 38394 October 2, 2015 at 4:10 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Disproving The Resurrection By The Maximal Facts Approach BrianSoddingBoru4 160 25853 July 5, 2015 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  Obama and the simulated resurrection professor 116 18526 April 25, 2015 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  MERGED: The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ (Part 1) & (Part 2) His_Majesty 1617 335403 January 12, 2015 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ (Part Ad Neuseum) YahwehIsTheWay 32 7357 December 11, 2014 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: robvalue