Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disproving The Resurrection By The Maximal Facts Approach
Maximal Fact #1:  It didn't happen.

fin

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Disproving The Resurrection By The Maximal Facts Approach
(June 27, 2015 at 7:04 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Maximal Fact #1:  It didn't happen.

fin

Boru

[Image: compcoff.gif]
You could argue that Jesus was resurrected in spirit. Or that his being or energy went back to the creator our Lord, henceforth becoming one with the Lord. All old texts suggest that he was the one pure human throughout all his life. He was prophesied to be born, and was. The Lord has been prophesied to return when this earth can no longer support us as humans. In short we will all die. Our life choices in this material world will decide the rest of our existence, and since you can't destroy energy our existence may be a really long time.
(June 27, 2015 at 7:27 pm)popsthebuilder Wrote: You could argue that Jesus was resurrected in spirit. Or that his being or energy went back to the creator our Lord, henceforth becoming one with the Lord. All old texts suggest that he was the one pure human throughout all his life. He was prophesied to be born, and was. The Lord has been prophesied to return when this earth can no longer support us as humans. In short we will all die. Our life choices in this material world will decide the rest of our existence, and since you can't destroy energy our existence may be a really long time.

Well, you can argue whatever you like, but not all arguments are created equal.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Way to put thought into it. Good luck with your personal journey. Sincerely.
Quote:You could argue that Jesus was resurrected in spirit. Or that his being or energy went back to the creator our Lord

You could argue that farts smell like roses, too.  Why bother?
Hey Pops, check out Boru's posts...he is very thoughtful.  Sincerely.

This is a joke you nimrod, loosen your tight ass
(June 27, 2015 at 8:34 pm)polar bear Wrote: Hey Pops, check out Boru's posts...he is very thoughtful.  Sincerely.

This is a joke you nimrod, loosen your tight ass

Thank you very much.

Boru
(June 27, 2015 at 7:04 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Maximal Fact #1:  It didn't happen.

fin

Boru

How do you know? You were not there.
(June 27, 2015 at 9:08 pm)KUSA Wrote:

fin

Boru

How do you know? You were not there.

Curses!  Foiled again!  Angry

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What will win the god wars? Faith, Fantasy, Facts, or God? Greatest I am 98 5757 December 28, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  In what way is the Resurrection the best explanation? GrandizerII 159 14705 November 25, 2019 at 6:46 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Travis Walton versus The Resurrection. Jehanne 61 15359 November 29, 2017 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Why do Christians believe in the Resurrection of Jesus but not alien abductions? Jehanne 72 11488 June 27, 2016 at 1:54 am
Last Post: Redbeard The Pink
  We can be certain of NO resurrection - A Response Randy Carson 136 37027 October 2, 2015 at 4:10 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Proving The Resurrection By the Minimal Facts Approach Randy Carson 1298 176259 July 26, 2015 at 10:05 am
Last Post: Randy Carson
  Obama and the simulated resurrection professor 116 17758 April 25, 2015 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  MERGED: The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ (Part 1) & (Part 2) His_Majesty 1617 315238 January 12, 2015 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ (Part Ad Neuseum) YahwehIsTheWay 32 7107 December 11, 2014 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ (Part Deux) YahwehIsTheWay 71 15811 December 2, 2014 at 10:33 am
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay