Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 11:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
The argument against "evil", theists please come to the defense.
RE: The argument against "evil", theists please come to the defense.
(July 24, 2012 at 5:05 pm)Skepsis Wrote: Server timed out when I tried to post my response. It completely destroyed my will to type it again.
The main idea was that a world with less suffering is imaginable. Following Rhythm's rules for a better universe, we could expect to see much of the suffering that exists dissipate.
Sufferings aren't needed simply because this world calls for them with its laws and could be eliminated in large part by a change to human nature and/or to necessary living conditions.
Also, I said it was bullshit that God didn't create the thing that destroys and that lack of existence isn't really "evil".
Sorry for being too lazy to retype the whole damn thing.

Thats fine, I had afew things Fr0d0 said I wanted to put under a microscope anyway.

"As I already said, the two are linked. Without suffering there cannot be love. Without death there cannot be life. Without disasters there would not be life on earth. I've presented my case. You're dismissing mine without reason."

Hi again Fr0d0, there were quite afew things that didn't add up in your argument but I won't overload you with all of them. Just a few questions if you'd be so kind. :-)

Explain the notion "Without death there cannot be life." and what evidence you have of this.
Also if God is living but is eternal doesn't that mean he doesn't die? Isn't claiming the existence of such a being that cannot and will not die a direct contradiction of this notion?
Also I'd like to establish if God in your view is capable of suffering.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The argument against "evil", theists please come to the defense. - by Reforged - July 24, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are cats evil beasts that should be killed to save mice? FlatAssembler 34 2557 November 28, 2022 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Fireball
  does evil exist? Quill01 51 3682 November 15, 2022 at 5:30 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  In Defense of a Non-Natural Moral Order Acrobat 84 7340 August 30, 2019 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  [Serious] An Argument Against Hedonistic Moral Realism SenseMaker007 25 3135 June 19, 2019 at 7:21 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Argument against Intelligent Design Jrouche 27 3251 June 2, 2019 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  The Argument Against God's Existence From God's Imperfect Choice Edwardo Piet 53 8237 June 4, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Objective Moral Values Argument AGAINST The Existence Of God Edwardo Piet 58 14015 May 2, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  One sentence that throws the problem of evil out of the window. Mystic 473 51336 November 12, 2017 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Reasoning showing homosexuality is evil. Mystic 315 46886 October 23, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Reasoning showing that heterosexuality is evil I_am_not_mafia 21 4666 October 23, 2017 at 8:23 am
Last Post: ignoramus