Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are cats evil beasts that should be killed to save mice?
Are cats evil beasts that should be killed to save mice?
What do people on this forum think, are cats beasts? Many people love cats, and many people think cats can love humans, but I think cats are evil beasts. No human being is so bloodthirsty like a cat is. Cats kill mice even when they are not hungry. I think cats, if they were bigger, would also kill and eat us humans the same way they now kill and eat mice. Big cats, lions and tigers, they can kill and eat humans, and they really do kill and eat humans, if given a chance to. Why would little cats, that many people love, be any different?

[Image: main-qimg-8a79ddbdfc6286dc114e362e61578217]

I think everybody would agree that, if people own cats, those cats will probably kill innocent sentient (and the scientific consensus is that all birds and mammals are sentient) animals. So, why do cats deserve to live? Don't you think the world would be a better place if cats didn't exist?

I have started this discussion on several forums by now, for example, here and here.
RE: Are cats evil beasts that should be killed to save mice?
Read rule number 1 - 

1. Spamming is not allowed. Spamming includes, but is not limited to:
    • Creating multiple threads with the same or similar thread subject in a short space of time.Repeatedly posting responses to existing threads that are unrelated to the current discussion(s) in the thread.
    • Repeatedly posting links, copy/pasted content, or scripture verses, unless they are relevant to the thread and have the member's own comments added to them.
    • Posting an abundance of content you've pre-written for purposes other than forum use (i.e. essays, blog posts, etc.)
 - bold mine

Watch yourself.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(November 27, 2022 at 1:01 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Read rule number 1 - 

1. Spamming is not allowed. Spamming includes, but is not limited to:
    • Creating multiple threads with the same or similar thread subject in a short space of time.Repeatedly posting responses to existing threads that are unrelated to the current discussion(s) in the thread.
    • Repeatedly posting links, copy/pasted content, or scripture verses, unless they are relevant to the thread and have the member's own comments added to them.
    • Posting an abundance of content you've pre-written for purposes other than forum use (i.e. essays, blog posts, etc.)
 - bold mine

Watch yourself.

Kinda cool, though, how he just admitted to the spamming while spamming.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 27, 2022 at 12:50 pm)FlatAssembler Wrote: What do people on this forum think, are cats beasts? Many people love cats, and many people think cats can love humans, but I think cats are evil beasts. No human being is so bloodthirsty like a cat is. Cats kill mice even when they are not hungry. I think cats, if they were bigger, would also kill and eat us humans the same way they now kill and eat mice. Big cats, lions and tigers, they can kill and eat humans, and they really do kill and eat humans, if given a chance to. Why would little cats, that many people love, be any different?

[Image: main-qimg-8a79ddbdfc6286dc114e362e61578217]

I think everybody would agree that, if people own cats, those cats will probably kill innocent sentient (and the scientific consensus is that all birds and mammals are sentient) animals. So, why do cats deserve to live? Don't you think the world would be a better place if cats didn't exist?

I have started this discussion on several forums by now, for example, here and here.

Rodents are filthy, disease-riddled vermin. Anything that kills mice and rats is a boon to humanity.

As far as killing sentient beings goes, humans do that on the regular. Are you going to argue that YOU don’t deserve to live?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
If cats are evil for killing mice, then so are hawks, snakes, and any number of other critters.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

I guess it depends on what you consider a beast, but it's hard to imagine criteria for a beast that would apply to a cat but not to a human. In general, though, the ecological damage cats cause is greatly oversold. They kill more birds, hungry or not, than mice - but there's no shortage of the birds they kill or, for that matter, mice. They're certainly a less disastrous form of ipm than the mass application of pesticides.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 27, 2022 at 1:24 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: I guess it depends on what you consider a beast, but it's hard to imagine criteria for a beast that would apply to a cat but not to a human.  In general, though, the ecological damage cats cause is greatly oversold.  They kill more birds, hungry or not, than mice - but there's no shortage of the birds they kill or, for that matter, mice.  They're certainly a less disastrous form of ipm than the mass application of pesticides.

Maybe we should get Flat to show us on the doll where the cat touched him...

Boru
I am leaning toward coyotes as being evil since those bastards killed two, possibly three, of my cats. Now we have mice in the garage all the damn time.

I lost 2 cats last year (aged 18 and 20 years!) considering getting another after the Christmas nonsense is over.
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:Rodents are filthy, disease-riddled vermin. Anything that kills mice and rats is a boon to humanity.
What was the last time some disease spreaded from rodents to humans? I can think of three times when it spreaded from bats to humans, all in recent history: EBOLA, SARS and COVID-19. As far as I know, no recent epidemic or pandemic came from rodents. Bats are far more dangerous.
BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:As far as killing sentient beings goes, humans do that on the regular.
What do you mean? You mean all the animals killed on the roads? Well, we are, unlike cats, not doing it intentionally and we are trying to minimize that. Cats are not trying to minimize the amount of sentient animals they kill, to the contrary.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  does evil exist? Quill01 51 3450 November 15, 2022 at 5:30 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  The argument against "evil", theists please come to the defense. Mystic 158 67831 December 29, 2017 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  One sentence that throws the problem of evil out of the window. Mystic 473 48862 November 12, 2017 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Reasoning showing homosexuality is evil. Mystic 315 45173 October 23, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Reasoning showing that heterosexuality is evil I_am_not_mafia 21 4522 October 23, 2017 at 8:23 am
Last Post: ignoramus
Wink Emoticons are Intrinsically Good and Evil Fireball 4 1079 October 21, 2017 at 12:11 am
Last Post: Succubus
  Is knowledge the root of all evil? Won2blv 22 5752 February 18, 2017 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Origin of evil Harris 186 21934 September 12, 2016 at 5:37 am
Last Post: Harris
  What if you lived in a world...full of evil plotting Legos Losty 45 4935 June 10, 2016 at 1:58 am
Last Post: c172
  The Pursuit of Good and Evil carusmm 0 841 May 30, 2016 at 6:30 am
Last Post: carusmm