Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Yet more christian logic: christian sues for not being given a job she refuses to do.
Yet more christian logic: christian sues for not being given a job she refuses to do.
A pro-life nurse is suing a family planning clinic for not hiring her to do a job she outright refused to do in the interview.

Quote:So when Hellwege mentioned her affiliation with the “American Association of Pro-Life Obstetricians and Gynecologists” in her resume, the interviewer (Chad Lindsey) asked her if that would be a problem since, you know, conservative Christians + birth control = crazytown.

Hellwege said she couldn’t prescribe birth control since, in her unscientific mind, it caused abortions. Lindsey, knowing that all of the job openings involved prescribing birth control, told her there were no other positions available and that there was no reason to proceed with the interview process.

So she’s suing him.

This is the stupid fucking shit that the Hobby Lobby decision enables: birth control drugs do not cause abortions, but since apparently uninformed opinions without factual bases are equal to actual facts, morons like this woman and the ambulance chasers representing her can decide to just move forward as if their pretend moral objections are reflective of reality. It drives me fucking insane: the lawsuit draws attention to certain laws prohibiting people from being required to participate in an abortion, which is fine, except that's definitionally not what birth control does.

Where do these assholes get off, thinking that their goddamn fantasies are more important than the real lives and careers of the people they inconvenience? If there's any sense in the world this case will be shunted right the fuck off the edge of the earth as quickly as a lawsuit with Darth Vader as the defendant would be.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Messages In This Thread
Yet more christian logic: christian sues for not being given a job she refuses to do. - by Esquilax - July 19, 2014 at 11:25 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jerry Falwell Jnr "not a christian" and wanted to prove himself to not be like Snr GUBU 18 1956 November 1, 2022 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  When logic fails, falsely play victim. Brian37 9 1061 January 31, 2021 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  No more “lead us not into temptation” Fake Messiah 22 2457 June 15, 2019 at 12:19 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Christian Logic brewer 22 3793 June 13, 2018 at 10:27 am
Last Post: Simon Moon
  The benefits of being christian. Where are there??? Dnte 212 34535 February 2, 2018 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Should I tell my parents I faked being christian? Der/die AtheistIn 26 5687 January 15, 2018 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  And Yet, They Work For A Fucktard Like Ham Minimalist 22 3207 July 18, 2017 at 3:50 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Yet another child molesting priest zebo-the-fat 18 2191 April 13, 2017 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Christian Logic Incognito 8 1239 June 11, 2016 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Yet they call US "angry atheists" The Valkyrie 36 4420 June 3, 2016 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: dyresand