Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 25, 2024, 1:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nobody reads science books metaphorically!
RE: Nobody reads science books metaphorically!
The answer is a question...somehow Smile
At the begining it should also be mentioned that physics or mathematics science books are a little different from scientific books such as History or Philosophy ... the first ones are rather objective, but the latter are often very subjective and depend a bit on the author..
Why do some people take a newspaper, a guide or any book outside of the Bible, they don't think about whether the content presented in them is questionable, they accept it or not...? However, when they reach the Bible, they have so many doubts and suspicions about it that this is not authentic and that it isn't compatible with the history of almost every event described there.Who is sowing these doubts? Where does it come from? After all, there has not been one that would undermine any element in this book...(with the exception of our usual doubts ... reluctance ... or whatever). When there were those who tried to undermine the compatibility of the Bible with history, then in the knowledge of the issue, only their ignorance came out and the presumption in this matter testified to the lack of available evidence at the time when they undertook this task. And many times it happened so that several years passed, that someone discovered evidence, and then the author who questioned the compatibility of the Bible with history, he had to hide his head in the sand.
Surely the Bible is not intended to be a historical book, but if it already provides any information about that period, it is credible...
BTW..if anyone wrote stories and rights in the Old Testament (talks about culture, law, everyday life, the structure of society, etc. of ancient Jews), there was a purpose in that - otherwise there would be no sense. For several thousand years Jews have been sticking to this law. Other tribes / nations passed away but THEY still are!!
Is the Bible consistent with history? ... hmm this question can not be answered .. In my opinion, one should ask if, for example, the Book of Genesis is in accordance with history. The Bible is a collection of books written by different people ...So the Bible is a subjective book, because it is written by the nation of the heroes of history contained in them. I think, therefore, that the historical value has more or less such as the Gall of Anonymus.... anyway the Bible it's not just a collection of fairy tales as some people think!  Tongue
"Alone is what I have. Alone protects me." 
“I may be on the side of the angels but don’t think for one second that I am one of them.”
“The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existence. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery each day."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nobody reads science books metaphorically! - by KittyAnn - June 6, 2018 at 9:53 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best books on religion? EgoDeath 15 1807 August 29, 2019 at 7:47 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Who told you that you were naked? Um nobody. Fake Messiah 7 834 March 21, 2019 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: Nakara
  If God of Abraham books are false Smain 6 2091 June 26, 2018 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  What new books would you like in the Bible? Fake Messiah 13 2204 February 6, 2018 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Billboard proclaims "Nobody is born gay" Foxaèr 201 29920 December 22, 2014 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  The monopoly manual and holy books. Lemonvariable72 23 4570 November 18, 2014 at 10:00 am
Last Post: JonDarbyXIII
  Abrahamic Religions and their Holy Books xpastor 20 7287 October 27, 2014 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: JuliaL
  This mentality seems more common on the Left. 24 years later, it reads like parody: Mudhammam 0 1314 August 9, 2014 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Free holy books Fromper 7 1936 May 29, 2014 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: Cato
  How do you prove your religion/holy books were not corrupted. Mystic 24 8835 March 7, 2013 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic