Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 15, 2024, 6:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stephen Colbert Rips Jeff Sessions a New Asshole
RE: Stephen Colbert Rips Jeff Sessions a New Asshole
(June 15, 2018 at 7:38 am)RoadRunner79 Wrote: From my understanding, at least part of what is occurring, is that they illegal immigrants are being put into federal prison, awaiting prosecution.  The children are separated as the parents enter the federal prison system (you don't put children in adult prisons).  On the other hand, I have heard it presented as a deterrent to an ever increasing problem of illegal immigration. 

But sometimes, I think you need to take step back from whatever reasons or justifications you have for what you are doing; and ask, "Is this right".  Even if logically valid, it may not be morally valid.  And I would agree that this is most definitely one of those times.  Tearing apart a family, when it is unnecessary or especially  as a deterrent is wrong.  This policy should be rejected and discarded.  I think that there is a big problem with illegal immigration.  I can agree to having harsh (zero tolerance) policies to those who are guilty.   But I can't see where this is morally justifiable.  I've heard similar on the Breakpoint podcast recently, so hopefully, we can get this changed.

Good for you, RR.  It’s nice to see a theist with some moral sense around here, who doesn’t just stick to the script the far right feeds you.  👍
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stephen Colbert Rips Jeff Sessions a New Asshole - by LadyForCamus - June 16, 2018 at 12:13 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Italy crime: Gang rips open security van with diggers near Bari Duty 7 703 January 14, 2019 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: Duty
  Asshole Can't Even Appoint The Right Judges Minimalist 11 1491 November 16, 2018 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  One Trump Loving Confederate Asshole Goes Down In Flames Minimalist 25 3083 November 8, 2018 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I'm Sure The WLB Will Pardon This Asshole, Too Minimalist 0 381 August 30, 2018 at 2:59 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Jeff Sessions "Religious Liberty Task Force" Foxaèr 126 8313 August 6, 2018 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Stephen Hawking has died at the age of 76. Jehanne 203 25034 April 28, 2018 at 12:43 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  The Turd Doesn't Fall Far From The Asshole Minimalist 10 1808 March 23, 2018 at 3:05 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Stephen Fry reveals prostate cancer diagnosis Antares 7 777 February 23, 2018 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Every Day Is Another Embarrassment With This Fucking Asshole Minimalist 27 3096 January 12, 2018 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Stephen Colbert - The WLB Sings The Anthem Minimalist 3 521 January 10, 2018 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus