Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asshole Can't Even Appoint The Right Judges
Asshole Can't Even Appoint The Right Judges
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/trump-a...im-acosta/

Quote:Trump-appointed judge forces White House to reinstate press pass of CNN’s Jim Acosta

And if they want "decorum" in the White House they should throw the Orange Turdfuhrer out of it!
RE: Asshole Can't Even Appoint The Right Judges
(November 16, 2018 at 1:00 pm)Minimalist Wrote: https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/trump-a...im-acosta/

Quote:Trump-appointed judge forces White House to reinstate press pass of CNN’s Jim Acosta

And if they want "decorum" in the White House they should throw the Orange Turdfuhrer out of it!

Sounds like he appointed EXACTLY the right one.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Judges are supposed to enforce the law as it is written, not rule in favor of whomever appointed them. They don't serve at the pleasure of the President, they can only be removed via impeachment.

So it sounds like Trump is appointing the right judges, in all fairness.
(November 16, 2018 at 1:07 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Judges are supposed to enforce the law as it is written, not rule in favor of whomever appointed them. They don't serve at the pleasure of the President, they can only be removed via impeachment.

In this case, anyroad.

But this whole thing seems a bit childish. If Trump doesn’t like Mr. Acosta, he could simply not take questions from him.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 16, 2018 at 1:08 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(November 16, 2018 at 1:07 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Judges are supposed to enforce the law as it is written, not rule in favor of whomever appointed them. They don't serve at the pleasure of the President, they can only be removed via impeachment.

In this case, anyroad.

But this whole thing seems a bit childish. If Trump doesn’t like Mr. Acosta, he could simply not take questions from him.

Boru

Ignoring Acosta wouldn't help Trump. He needs a mustache-twirling villain to help him change the subject and keep his supporters riled up. Acosta/CNN is the perfect foil in Trumpland. That exchange at the press briefing was about as spontaneous as sex on a 30th wedding anniversary. Trump knew exactly what he was doing.
Quote:Judges are supposed to enforce the law as it is written, not rule in favor of whomever appointed them.

Yes.... but do you really think that is the WLB's concept?

Remember, he wants the attorney general to be his personal lawyer.

We are in uncharted territory with this moron.
(November 16, 2018 at 1:32 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Yes.... but do you really think that is the WLB's concept?

Remember, he wants the attorney general to be his personal lawyer.

We are in uncharted territory with this moron.

Whether it's his concept or not, remember that federal judges still need to be approved by the Senate, and several have been rejected for various reasons, including being too partisan: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Tru...troversies
Correct.

Do you understand that Mitch McConnell has politicized that process so that all they need is the GOP majority to approve the moron's choices?  He is under no obligation to appoint capable or qualified candidates when McConnell will simply use the ( increasingly rabid ) dolts in his own party to rubber stamp whatever the WLB puts forward.
(November 16, 2018 at 2:09 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Correct.

Do you understand that Mitch McConnell has politicized that process so that all they need is the GOP majority to approve the moron's choices?  He is under no obligation to appoint capable or qualified candidates when McConnell will simply use the ( increasingly rabid ) dolts in his own party to rubber stamp whatever the WLB puts forward.

Actually it was Harry Reid (Democrat) who changed the rules so that only a simple majority was needed to confirm judges other than Supreme Court judges. McConnell expanded that to the Supreme Court, but the Democrats started it.

Also did you read the article I posted? I'm not sure how you can claim it's rubber stamping when there are several rejected judges on that list.
(November 16, 2018 at 2:09 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Correct.

McConnell sees stacking the Federal judiciary with "conservative" judges as his enduring legacy. The more, the better. As long as he can get a simple majority to sign off on whomever the Federalist Society recommends, it's all good, as far as he is concerned.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Can you sew? Can you save a life? Gawdzilla Sama 30 2565 April 5, 2020 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  One Trump Loving Confederate Asshole Goes Down In Flames Minimalist 25 2988 November 8, 2018 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  THE WLB Will Appoint This Moron To Run The CDC Minimalist 1 422 November 5, 2018 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  This Moron Can't Even Run A Golf Course Minimalist 26 1312 October 10, 2018 at 8:41 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  I'm Sure The WLB Will Pardon This Asshole, Too Minimalist 0 360 August 30, 2018 at 2:59 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  American workers' wages stagnant, even in a great economy: why? Aegon 74 6754 August 15, 2018 at 4:29 am
Last Post: GUBU
  The Fucking WLB Has Even Lost The NY Post Minimalist 1 406 June 19, 2018 at 2:52 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Stephen Colbert Rips Jeff Sessions a New Asshole Minimalist 78 7017 June 18, 2018 at 11:58 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Sometimes Even Drunk Driving Works Out Well! Minimalist 5 924 June 6, 2018 at 11:15 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Crooks They May Be - But Not Bad Judges of Character Minimalist 3 424 May 22, 2018 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Minimalist