Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Jeff Sessions "Religious Liberty Task Force"
The Jeff Sessions "Religious Liberty Task Force"
Oh, dear.

Quote:Jeff Sessions’s new task force will hearten conservative Christians. A lot of other groups are worried.

The Justice Department plans to launch a “religious-liberty task force” that Attorney General Jeff Sessions says will help ensure that the rights of people of faith are protected in a country he says has become “less hospitable” to them.

Sessions on Monday said the new task force will help the Justice Department “fully implement our religious-liberty guidance,” including making sure all of the department's components across the country “accommodate people of faith.” The mission Sessions described in the announcement and a memo to Justice Department leadership is broad — and has left some fearful it's mainly aimed at protecting those who share Sessions's religious convictions.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-...9c2f61fae4
RE: The Jeff Sessions "Religious Liberty Task Force"
Ugh. Protecting Christians from criticism and protecting their rights to oppress others, no doubt.

What does God need with a task force?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Fear it’s mainly aimed at those who share Session’s religious convictions...

Of course it is. I have rarely encountered a religious egoist who wants freedom of religion for all religions.
Dying to live, living to die.
(August 2, 2018 at 1:45 pm)robvalue Wrote: Ugh. Protecting Christians from criticism and protecting their rights to oppress others, no doubt.

What does God need with a task force?

BINGO......

While it is true far too often my well intended liberal friends bend over protecting minority religions when they cant see the bigger picture that minority/majority is geographic, and not logic based. There can be no doubt, that the rise of pluralism in America has caused our far right to flip out like the rise of liberal views in the middle east cause their conservatives to flip out.
When economy is in shit Christian Sharia law will help.
Code word for the beginning of theocracy  Dodgy
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Really nothing new in the south.... as Grand Wizard Sessions can no doubt attest.

[Image: PR77580.jpg]
This is nothing but pandering for political gain.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
But it only appeals to the assholes who are firmly in their camp already.  The republicunts are counting on their ability to prevent non-republicunts from voting.
I don't care what label a person claims, any time a follower shouts "DON'T PICK ON MY GOD" I get the image of a midget standing in front of the Terminator shouting "DON'T HIT HIM YOU MIGHT HURT HIM".

Really no different than a toddler defending their dad. If their dad is bigger than you, why would it need your help to defend it?

What theists are really subconsciously defending, isn't a factually provable being, what they are defending is their own ego. Nobody likes to think they got it wrong.

It makes no sense to claim "all powerful" only to get between it and someone who doesn't buy the logic. What would an allegedly all powerful being need with a marketing department or body guards?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  More religious liberty in Ohio brewer 42 2776 November 21, 2019 at 12:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  So much about religious liberty Fake Messiah 14 1612 February 8, 2019 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Space Force? Minimalist 37 3009 August 10, 2018 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Stephen Colbert Rips Jeff Sessions a New Asshole Minimalist 78 7038 June 18, 2018 at 11:58 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Jeff Sessions Rescinding Obama era pot rules Antares 48 6658 January 7, 2018 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Sessions To Open Door To Special Counsel A Theist 9 895 November 14, 2017 at 7:13 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Oh, Jeff. Didn't Jesus Tell You Not To Lie? Minimalist 3 778 November 2, 2017 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Sessions Tells Prosecutors To Seek 'Most Serious' Charges for low level drug crimes Aegon 19 4305 May 12, 2017 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Alabama Megachurch To Have Its Own Police Force Secular Elf 13 1455 April 26, 2017 at 11:56 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Saudi Prince Tried To Force Oral Sex ReptilianPeon 4 1208 September 27, 2015 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: abaris