Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surreal day on the job...more of the same on the way.
Surreal day on the job...more of the same on the way.
I work as a bookkeeper on a contract basis through an agency.  I get sent to help when things are a mess, usually.  When someone up and left and hadn't been doing their job for a while or when there is a software conversion and some cleanup needs to be done or covering for someone on a leave of absence or medical leave.  Some assignments are great...some, not so much.

I finished an assignment at a law firm last week and went out on a new assignment today.  Well, this is going to be interesting.  Not counting the fact the commute is awful there are some other...shall we say - issues.

It's at a rather large Baptist church.  It's in an area that serves very wealthy people...like people who own their own planes and have regular appointments with their plastic surgeons.  This church has been around since the 50s and has been built onto and from what I can tell - takes in a shit ton of money.

So, yeah... the accounting office is in the basement of the original part of the church with the sanctuary above.  I spent over 90 minutes with the safety guy who went over everything from stranger danger to tornados to bomb threats to active shooter protocol.  There are nearly 170 cameras - monitored - on the grounds, inside and out.  God must be slacking if they need all that - I wonder if the evolve fish on my back window is now part of some secret threat file.

Looking at three months possibly on this gig.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Messages In This Thread
Surreal day on the job...more of the same on the way. - by arewethereyet - February 19, 2019 at 9:16 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The right way to be and the wrong way to be Ahriman 57 4733 April 29, 2022 at 9:23 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Ever been treated this way? Strange Vague Story. Disagreeable 18 1188 January 31, 2022 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Is this the same guy? chimp3 8 699 May 31, 2021 at 12:33 am
Last Post: chimp3
  What job(s) did you have as a kid? arewethereyet 25 2138 April 25, 2021 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Sal
  Cold - either way. onlinebiker 12 647 January 23, 2021 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  My shit ass job just called me back up CarveTheFive 25 2001 May 9, 2020 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Mr.wizard
  Other forums just aren't the same Violet 18 1436 May 3, 2020 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: Violet
  I am going naked on here to challenge my wife to do the same. funcouple 19 1649 August 31, 2019 at 10:49 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  The best job in the world... Gawdzilla Sama 31 2194 April 23, 2019 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The proper way to breastfeed in public Foxaèr 21 1813 April 21, 2019 at 7:29 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama