Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 12:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cold - either way.
Cold - either way.
The outside thermometer this morning showed 11f or -11C.

Either way - I don't like it.
RE: Cold - either way.
The scales "cross" at -40.
(January 23, 2021 at 10:16 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: The scales "cross" at -40.

It is Bernie Sanders cold.
(January 23, 2021 at 11:22 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(January 23, 2021 at 10:16 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: The scales "cross" at -40.

It is Bernie Sanders cold.

I tend to pass out if I get the "shakes". I can sympathize.
Yeah, weather can be brutal. We’re suppose be in the mid 80s for at least the next week. That, together with the ocean breezes, is going to be rough.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 23, 2021 at 1:15 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Yeah, weather can be brutal. We’re suppose be in the mid 80s for at least the next week. That, together with the ocean breezes, is going to be rough.

Boru

Get some dogtags, so when they find your body...
(January 23, 2021 at 2:07 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(January 23, 2021 at 1:15 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Yeah, weather can be brutal. We’re suppose be in the mid 80s for at least the next week. That, together with the ocean breezes, is going to be rough.

Boru

Get some dogtags, so when they find your body...

To be fair, our winters can be pretty harsh. Last July, it went all the way down to 50F.

*trying not to sound smug, failing utterly*

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
19 at noon here, barreling through wood.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
It was supposed to be in the mid-20s today. It looks like we've peaked at 18° F. I'm glad I checked the weather before I left this morning and threw in my long undies.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
We need the cold weather here...

If it was warm all year round - EVERYBODY would want to live here.

The cold keeps out the riff-raff...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The right way to be and the wrong way to be Ahriman 57 4502 April 29, 2022 at 9:23 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Ever been treated this way? Strange Vague Story. Disagreeable 18 1117 January 31, 2022 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  God is cold hearted purplepurpose 11 860 March 21, 2021 at 3:43 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Yup.... That's cold. onlinebiker 66 2180 February 19, 2021 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  The proper way to breastfeed in public Foxaèr 21 1765 April 21, 2019 at 7:29 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  On my way now... Brian37 53 2879 March 30, 2019 at 7:13 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  Surreal day on the job...more of the same on the way. arewethereyet 75 5038 March 7, 2019 at 1:50 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  You can tell it' s REALLY cold out when - onlinebiker 13 1289 January 31, 2019 at 4:56 pm
  I remember way back when..... Brian37 23 1986 January 9, 2019 at 8:40 am
  Do you and yours wear thermal under clothes when the weather gets cold? Duty 46 3087 November 15, 2018 at 11:06 am
Last Post: Duty