Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surreal day on the job...more of the same on the way.
RE: Surreal day on the job...more of the same on the way.
(February 21, 2019 at 4:30 pm)Yonadav Wrote:
(February 21, 2019 at 4:11 pm)PRJA93 Wrote: I'd actually be alarmed if anyone I worked for told me to not call 911 "no matter what." Just seems creepy. Having security doesn't put you above the law, regardless of how nice your organization is. Sounds shady as fuck.

I've worked in a few environments in which there was a designated person who decided whether to call the police or not.  

Places of worship can be a bit uptight about police being called because of the tradition of sanctuary. In the US, there is no right of sanctuary, and churches can't harbor criminals. But a lot of church people don't agree with that, and think the church should still be a place of refuge. And churches have actively harbored a lot of people from illegal immigrants in our times, to runaway slaves in the mid 19th century. It doesn't really surprise me that a baptist church is uptight about it police entering the sanctuary.

In the synagogues that I have belonged to there was no problem with calling the police. But that's in the US where we trust the cops quite a bit. In one, we even had panic buttons distributed throughout the building, and all regular members were expected to memorize the location of each one.

I understand where you're coming from but if a place told me not to call 911, I would be alarmed. There's no way I'm going to wait for someone else's permission to call 911 or leave it up to them to do so. If I see a fire or an emergency I'm calling 911 - fire me if you have to.

It makes it sound like they have something to hide and I'm not comfortable with that. I've also worked in situations with high security concerns, etc. and have never heard of a place having a policy like this.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Surreal day on the job...more of the same on the way. - by EgoDeath - February 21, 2019 at 4:49 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The right way to be and the wrong way to be Ahriman 57 4733 April 29, 2022 at 9:23 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Ever been treated this way? Strange Vague Story. Disagreeable 18 1182 January 31, 2022 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Is this the same guy? chimp3 8 697 May 31, 2021 at 12:33 am
Last Post: chimp3
  What job(s) did you have as a kid? arewethereyet 25 2138 April 25, 2021 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Sal
  Cold - either way. onlinebiker 12 647 January 23, 2021 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  My shit ass job just called me back up CarveTheFive 25 2001 May 9, 2020 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Mr.wizard
  Other forums just aren't the same Violet 18 1426 May 3, 2020 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: Violet
  I am going naked on here to challenge my wife to do the same. funcouple 19 1648 August 31, 2019 at 10:49 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  The best job in the world... Gawdzilla Sama 31 2193 April 23, 2019 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The proper way to breastfeed in public Foxaèr 21 1812 April 21, 2019 at 7:29 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama