Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 7:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex pastor explains how Christianity is fake
RE: Ex pastor explains how Christianity is fake
(May 2, 2019 at 3:42 pm)tackattack Wrote: If you want to argue why it was trashed it's because, as I think we can all agree on, he was deluding himself. That's exactly what it means when you profess to "fake it till you make it". And yes True Christians do call that not being a Christian,

And it never occurred to you that being a Christian means "faking it"?

I mean all you're doing here is ad hominem and no true scotsman fallacies and in that way avoiding what he said, and he said many interesting and obvious things, like:

Quote:We had impossible standards that we could not meet so we turned the attention on others so the spotlight wasn’t on our own inadequacies. 

Indeed, Christians are constantly blaming and obsessing about other, non Christian, people. I mean just look at "God's Not Dead" movie.

Or not to mention other everyday stuff that's been happening for years, like Rick Perry’s campaign promise to “end Obama’s war on religion". Or Rick Santorum’s statement during a speech in 2008 that “Satan is attacking the great institutions of America”.

Or Daniel R. Jenky, the bishop of Peoria, Illinois, who made comparison between President Obama, Adolf Hitler, and Joseph Stalin during church sermon. Singling out Nazi and Stalinist regimes as antecedents to Obama’s health-care reforms. This bishop also said "And in the power of the resurrection, the Church will survive the hatred of hollywood, the malice of the media, and the mendacious wickedness of the abortion industry."

Or take a book by David Limbaugh "Persecution: How Liberals Are Waging War Against Christianity".

Masses of people are being fed with lies, they build their lives on lies. So you can't say that people who believe in these obvious lies told by Christian leaders are not faking it.

And that's just one part of a paragraph that this guy wrote.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ex pastor explains how Christianity is fake - by Fake Messiah - May 2, 2019 at 5:04 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another Fucking Piece of Shit "Pastor" Minimalist 37 8939 September 29, 2017 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Atheist73
  Another fake Catholic miracle. Jehanne 96 19416 August 11, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Evangelical pastor Rick Wiles warns of demonic Pokemon that will be exploited by ISIS KevinM1 22 2742 July 20, 2016 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I found a pastor who has a strange fixation on flaming buttholes and asbestos diapers TaraJo 12 3207 April 30, 2016 at 11:36 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Should I have a doscussion with my parent's Church pastor? ReptilianPeon 26 3452 March 11, 2016 at 3:27 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 6819 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Worst pastor, preechur, evangelist, priest, reverend ??? vorlon13 26 7301 November 16, 2015 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Christian Bride gives her Pastor father certificate of purity on her wedding day The Valkyrie 136 26496 October 28, 2015 at 3:19 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Ken Ham Explains Dinosaurs Nope 21 5630 June 7, 2015 at 1:58 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Angry pastor warns Katy Perry’s devil sex music is preparing teens for the Antichrist abaris 60 12671 March 16, 2015 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist