Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 7:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything?
RE: If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything?
(February 24, 2021 at 9:50 am)Five Wrote: I'm still struck by this. So, God picks favorites?
duh!? are you serious? David huge favorit.. the Jews themselves "god's chosen people.' he often refers to the saved as his children. then you have the parables of the goats and sheep, the wheat and weeds, the wheat and chaff and on and on.. the whole bible is about how to win favor with God.
Quote: Where is my personal visit to make everything in life better?
if this were it.. this back and fourth we are sharing right now, what tools what method do you have to discern that are not in contact with God on some level? so if he came to you as he did me as a homeless looking person what makes you think you would be able to discern or rightly divide what a homeless man possessed by satan or possessed by the spirit of God would have to say? supernatural stuff =/= god. it's the message. if you do not know god's word you will never be able to hear the message. whether that come from me or God.
Quote:If this sounds like jealousy, you bet your ass it is.
like it or not it is 100% the truth.
Quote:Supposedly, he's my Creator too, isn't he?
God only created Adam.. from Adam produced eve. everyone else aside from a hand full of select few are reproductions of the original creation. according to the parable of the weeds.. now all who grow in God's field are his 'seed.' wheat is planted and desired by God, chaff is a plant that look very similar to wheat but has a black/hard kernel.
Quote:I don't see how you can sit there and talk about the perfect goodness of God
I can do that because it is my lot to share my experience and offer one like it to anyone who would seek God on his terms. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4gthELz6kc&t=7s
Quote:simply because he treated you special and left the rest of us hanging. That's actually an example of the opposite.

again if you do not know God/his word.. how do you know he left you at all?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRxk2mqgRS8&t=140s

just because you idea of God failed doesn't mean there can not be a god.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn7qrbY2x54&t=14s

Messages In This Thread
RE: If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? - by Drich - February 24, 2021 at 5:55 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does science always upstage God? ignoramus 940 128905 October 26, 2022 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Does Ezekiel 23:20 prove that God is an Incel Woah0 26 2739 September 17, 2022 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  Why does God care about S E X? zwanzig 83 5165 November 15, 2021 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  How Can We Have Moral Direction If God Controls Everything? Rhondazvous 87 7785 August 22, 2021 at 10:23 am
Last Post: brewer
  What does "Separation of Church and State" mean? Brian37 54 3179 March 9, 2021 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Theists: What do you mean when you say that God is 'perfect'? Angrboda 103 17417 March 5, 2021 at 6:35 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Does afterlife need God? Fake Messiah 7 1392 February 4, 2020 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Why does God get the credit? Cod 91 7497 July 29, 2019 at 6:14 am
Last Post: comet
  Why does there need to be a God? Brian37 41 7121 July 20, 2019 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  God doesn't love you-or does He? yragnitup 24 4896 January 24, 2019 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: deanabiepepler