Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 7:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I cant help but think expiration dates in Japan are a scam
RE: I cant help but think expiration dates in Japan are a scam
Everything lasts longer in the freezer - best by and expiry dates are completely irrelevant in that case.....but now you're taking up cubic inches of space and using energy. The producers often don't - because of those two reasons - and whatever amount of days you have left till it expires you will have fewer than that once you thaw it - and that..is just accepting the loss in quality from freezing it.

Bananas are a modern miracle. Your green bananas have already been in a bag for 12 weeks before they're harvested. They get harvested once a week, on average, and then processed in a cold bath. Then they're hand loaded into boxes, and those boxes are loaded onto a reefer. Those are shipped all over the world, thousands of miles in some cases. When they get wherever they're going they're unloaded into ripening storage where they sit for up to a week to turn yellow. Then....they make it to store shelves.

Stone green bananas, like stone green tomatoes, are one harvest and distribution strategy.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: I cant help but think expiration dates in Japan are a scam - by The Grand Nudger - June 20, 2022 at 11:42 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do men think? What do feminists think that men think? mcolafson 53 6055 September 30, 2016 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  I don't think, this to be racist, but your give your opinions abaris 20 2849 March 7, 2016 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Woman's bogus Yelp reviews that actually have to do with her dates c172 1 755 January 12, 2016 at 11:08 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Don't fall for this scam! CapnAwesome 22 2256 January 11, 2016 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Only in Japan Napoléon 21 4568 July 28, 2015 at 3:20 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  I cant do this anymore. Brian37 49 5004 April 1, 2015 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Worlds biggest scam ie the banking system Gooders1002 10 2890 June 21, 2014 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: ShaMan
  Why has Japan been banned from Antarctic Whaling? Aractus 9 2437 April 10, 2014 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: Confused Ape
  I cant understand daredevils. Brian37 49 10364 October 11, 2012 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: jonb
  You think you guys can help me out with a paper (of all religions/non-religion)? Annik 7 2632 August 30, 2012 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: Angrboda