Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I cant understand daredevils.
I cant understand daredevils.
It is one thing to take risks for the plight of one owns freedom, or to invent something new or even for space or medical advancement.

But other than your own fucking narcissism why would you do something absolutly bat shit insane just to say "I did it".

So this guy wants to jump out of balloon and not only break the record for highest skydive, but be the first to break the sound barrier in a skydive.

Some people admired Evil Kanevil(sp) and his stupid stunts. I guess I cand judge either him or this nut and this skydive. But please I really hate people gloryfying shit like this that really is nothing but a call for attentiion.

If this served some perpose for science I might see this being benificial But how the fuck is this anything less than a stunt?

I admire the likes of say Penn and Teller more, because nothing they do is risky and tons of research in their illusions insures the highest safety standards.

This skydive seems to be nothing more than a superflous ego trip. The men who risked getting to the moon accomplished something. I simply dont see what this skydive means to him or humanity.
RE: I cant understand daredevils.
They just want to. Why do people eat more than they need or build models? People have different interests, there's no use in making a fuss over it (in this case).
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
I didn`t eaven notice that story untill you wrote about it here.
So much for how the attention whore part worked out.

I dont care how he spends his money. Let him climb the mount everest naked, dance a jewish folkdance in Mekka in a pink dress, run in circles on Tienamen square dressed as a tank, have anal sex with a rino`s horn, do a parade through Warsau with a swastikerflag cellebrating 64 years invasion of poland and see how long he survives.

If it gives him satisfaction.
I once landed on a airport after 4 hours flight, smoked a desperatly needed cigaret, threw it away, and the remaining filter landed upright on the floor in a right angle like a perfect cylindrical tower. I swear it was one of the most amazing things ever! I was in a state of euphoria for weeks!
Fuck living in a world where what you do I judged by some pontificating sod, 'Oh no that is not worthy, you have to do things which I find meaningful.'
In my view it is easy to stand on the side lines and say this or that is not good enough, and never do a thing. I am pleased when I see people stretching themselves, yes a lot of it might be a waste of time, so what. I would like to know what those that complain did with the same time that so propelled humanity forward.
(October 8, 2012 at 6:27 pm)jonb Wrote: Fuck living in a world where what you do I judged by some pontificating sod, 'Oh no that is not worthy, you have to do things which I find meaningful.'
In my view it is easy to stand on the side lines and say this or that is not good enough, and never do a thing. I am pleased when I see people stretching themselves, yes a lot of it might be a waste of time, so what. I would like to know what those that complain did with the same time that so propelled humanity forward.

No no no no, a couple of posters in this thread think I don't get it. Yea it is his personal predilection and nowhere did I say he shouldn't or it should be outlawed. All I said is that I dont get it.

I wasn't making the case he cant merely that I get tired of what amounts to mere ego stunts being elevated to mythological epic status. If this moron gets his rocks of comming close to death, fine. Just like hunting deer seems a bit superflous now that we have super markets. Just dont pretend it is something to be glorified.
Quote:But other than your own fucking narcissism why would you do something absolutly bat shit insane just to say "I did it".

Why assume there is any other reason?
(October 8, 2012 at 5:49 pm)Brian37 Wrote: It is one thing to take risks for the plight of one owns freedom, or to invent something new or even for space or medical advancement.

But other than your own fucking narcissism why would you do something absolutly bat shit insane just to say "I did it".

So this guy wants to jump out of balloon and not only break the record for highest skydive, but be the first to break the sound barrier in a skydive.

Some people admired Evil Kanevil(sp) and his stupid stunts. I guess I cand judge either him or this nut and this skydive. But please I really hate people gloryfying shit like this that really is nothing but a call for attentiion.

If this served some perpose for science I might see this being benificial But how the fuck is this anything less than a stunt?

I admire the likes of say Penn and Teller more, because nothing they do is risky and tons of research in their illusions insures the highest safety standards.

This skydive seems to be nothing more than a superflous ego trip. The men who risked getting to the moon accomplished something. I simply dont see what this skydive means to him or humanity.

I take it you wouldn't be someone who would enjoy skydiving then?
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
I love them they inspire me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKWoPlL2B...re=related
(October 8, 2012 at 7:26 pm)jonb Wrote: I love them they inspire me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKWoPlL2B...re=related

... to do what Jon? What are you planning and how long do we have until it can't be stopped?
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
(October 8, 2012 at 7:27 pm)RaphielDrake Wrote: ... to do what Jon? What are you planning and how long do we have until it can't be stopped?

To late done it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHBwi_CGQ-k

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I cant help but think expiration dates in Japan are a scam Macoleco 8 728 June 20, 2022 at 11:42 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Two things that I don't understand. Add yours. Figbash 14 1217 May 4, 2020 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: no one
  For those who understand the law better than me (would you want it this way too?) Foxaèr 9 1150 July 27, 2018 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Please help me understand this Indian "law" Alexmahone 18 2333 July 25, 2018 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Something young kids today will never understand Foxaèr 114 12317 June 2, 2018 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
Tongue Something old people today will never understand ignoramus 34 3274 June 2, 2018 at 3:06 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Now do you understand why I said STAY AWAY! brewer 12 1534 June 15, 2016 at 8:46 am
Last Post: brewer
  I cant do this anymore. Brian37 49 4926 April 1, 2015 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  maybe no one will understand zentor 9 3963 June 5, 2012 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious