Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 10:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Just When You Thought Arizona Couldn't Get Stupider...
RE: Just When You Thought Arizona Couldn't Get Stupider...
(April 9, 2011 at 9:01 pm)Dotard Wrote:
(April 9, 2011 at 8:43 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: Of course I support modern weapons, including fully automatic weapons without special permits or laws.

Ok. I miss-understood ya. My bad.

I'm with you on the no restrictions for weaponry. If I can afford a damn M1A1 Abrams then I should be allowed to have one.

Thats cool man..LOL..like I said, I am used to the quick judgemenst on my second amendment laws. I just want to emphasise that the arms available during the creation of the second amendment is OBVIOUSLY what the framers were writing about, and CONNOT be removed fro the populace for ANY reason (except for incarceration, obviously, or special areas of security)

Honestly. I should be able to walk out side in public with a musket on my side and NOT be harrased by the police.

That tells you how much our second amendment has been gutted..and I HATE that!

I also think modern arms were also in that vision..but what I am saying is that bare minimum, it CANNOT be argued against those weapons available during the drafting of the second amendment..as in, there is NO QUESTION about those weapons being what they meant as "arms".
(April 9, 2011 at 9:26 pm)Ashendant Wrote: So you think people with mental illnesses(specific ones where guns in their hand would be dangerous) should be allowed?

Very good question. I have put much thought into this.

The first thing I wold ask is; "what kind of mental illness?"

The second thing I would ask is; "When was it diagnosed?"

The third thing I would ask is; "What is the infected (for the sake of argument) doing about his or her treatment?"

Of course if the person was ADHD (a mental illness) I would flat out deny taking their right from them. If they were schizo, or bi-polar, or other extreme illnesses I would expect the patient to be counseled by a court in which he would be told that he either give his weapons to a trusted relative, or put them in stow with the local government (at no cost to them) until such time as they are deemed "cured". This will not be a criminal case, and such judgements will not appear on his criminal record as long as this is followed. The court will retain its benevolence in such matters, and take the health of the patient with the SAME RESPONSIBILITY as the health of society.

So, we can screen them as far as we can without treading on their rights. Benevolence is the key.

But if someone doesnt go to a doctor, and has a problem and buys guns..how can we stop them? Give them psych exams before they purchase a weapon?

Now that question I am not sure of. Should we give a psych exam for each purchase of a weapon?
(April 9, 2011 at 10:26 pm)Dotard Wrote: I think we were talking about people who got arrested and paid their debt to society.

Mental basket cases, I would say No guns for them.

Yes. That is EXACTLY what I was saying.

Mental basket cases I just covered.

Maybe we should take this over to the "guns" poll on this thread:
http://atheistforums.org/thread-6080.html
and if you havent voted already, then do so and state why.

And yes, you should be able to legally buy a fully functional, fully loaded tank in my opinion.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just When You Thought Arizona Couldn't Get Stupider... - by reverendjeremiah - April 9, 2011 at 10:27 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you think all these GOP senators get in return for brown nosing Trump? A Godzilla fan 15 1659 September 30, 2019 at 11:52 am
Last Post: A Godzilla fan
  I'm starting to just get exhausted of this adminstration what about you? GODZILLA 34 3295 December 8, 2018 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Just when I thought that Donald Trump could not get any dumber... Jehanne 16 2175 November 27, 2018 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay
  How Crazy Is Arizona? Minimalist 19 1820 November 13, 2018 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  It's Just One Vote and It's Just One Carbon Footprint Duty 16 1019 October 26, 2018 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  That's odd...I thought we were a nation of laws? GODZILLA 24 4916 June 25, 2018 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Just Don't Get Sick! Minimalist 6 855 June 19, 2018 at 11:46 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight Minimalist 0 329 June 5, 2018 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  This Is The Kind Of Dumb Shit We Get Running in Arizona Minimalist 7 1219 May 20, 2018 at 8:15 am
Last Post: brewer
  Dear Texass, This Is What You Get For Not Regulating Corporations Minimalist 16 1950 March 16, 2018 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger