Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 11:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to fix the US. Real things real citizens can do.
RE: How to fix the US. Real things real citizens can do.
I don't know. I'm of the mind that the best solution is to allow the nation to crash and burn by allowing the plutocrats of this country take over and perhaps the second wave of rulers (after an entirely new revolution) learn from our previous mistakes.

I'm finding it harder and harder to care anymore.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to fix the US. Real things real citizens can do. - by TheDarkestOfAngels - April 22, 2011 at 6:04 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UBI & Citizens Wage FrustratedFool 8 984 September 14, 2023 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Can Cancer be cured by punching things Sweden83 15 747 December 5, 2020 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  'Sovereign Citizens.' Seriously? BrianSoddingBoru4 29 1915 August 21, 2019 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Serious] Arrested Citizens Being Tortured In Saudi Arabia WinterHold 0 357 February 21, 2019 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  How to fix immigration. onlinebiker 5 490 November 30, 2018 at 10:33 am
Last Post: brewer
  Campaign ad: senior citizens mock millennials Foxaèr 18 2004 October 11, 2018 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: CarveTheFive
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 73041 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why is it Republicans can dish it out, but can't take it when someone throws it back NuclearEnergy 10 4510 April 27, 2017 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: DarkerEnergy
  Quick fix marketing, and long term politics. Brian37 6 1599 April 19, 2017 at 11:44 am
Last Post: brewer
  Real Guns CAN Be Toys!!! Drich 24 3129 June 30, 2016 at 5:10 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla