Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 6:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Science proves that you should un-friend your ex on Facebook
RE: Science proves that you should un-friend your ex on Facebook
(September 21, 2012 at 6:49 pm)Tino Wrote: The science says yes, at least one study did. I can just barely relate to this since I haven't had an ex since the invention of FB, and I don't have a personal FB account. I do have a FB account for my business, and I agree it's better to un-friend an employee when they leave, for whatever reason. How do you handle it and how does it work out for you?

http://io9.com/5944991/science-proves-th...n-facebook

My ex was about as interesting as listening to a dalek list its favourite wall paper samples in alphabetical order.
Unfriending her was the first thing I did when I broke up with her. I had already tolerated three years of her completely dull, colourless, unoriginal presence. She would often berate me to improve her own self-esteem.
From her I learnt that being with someone who you don't connect with is far worse than being alone. At least when you're alone you're free to be you. When you're with someone who criticizes your every word and act its like being held hostage. A partner should be someone who completes you as opposed to diminishing you.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Science proves that you should un-friend your ex on Facebook - by Reforged - September 21, 2012 at 7:19 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is anyone else having a problem with Facebook? Brian37 5 773 March 15, 2018 at 1:03 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Connecting blog to facebook etc robvalue 8 1648 January 28, 2015 at 7:52 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Religious adds on Facebook Ziploc Surprise 3 1667 October 6, 2012 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Kayenneh
  How to secure your Facebook account Tiberius 5 1685 May 29, 2012 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  Facebook Phil 17 5210 March 11, 2012 at 3:22 am
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Facebook Loading Please Wait 20 5027 December 20, 2011 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  Analysis of a Facebook social engineering/Javascript "hack" Autumnlicious 4 3292 March 2, 2011 at 9:29 am
Last Post: fr0d0