Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 12:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A challenge about women and marriage in Islam
RE: A challenge about women and marriage in Islam
(May 2, 2013 at 5:33 pm)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote:
(May 2, 2013 at 5:06 pm)paulpablo Wrote: From a statistical perspective 38 is lower than 62.
62 is higher than 38.

And 50.1% is higher than 49.9%... struggling... to.... see... your... point.

Quote:The trend is very likely to carry on in that way due to the biology of humans, the more older you are the more likely you are to have gone through puberty and puberty is related to sex.

Well... if we keep pumping our little girls full of female cow hormones: what do you expect happens to them? Smile

Yeah... puberty is related to sex. You know what else is related to sex? Pleasure Smile Know what rather curious people might discover well before puberty? Masturbation, and 'playing with themselves' in general.

Quote:It is logically unlikely that you will gather statistics from a group of 9 10 11 and 12 year olds to find the 10 year olds were having less sex than the 11 year olds but the percentage of those who did were mostly not doing it willingly 11 year olds were having less sex than the 12 year olds half of which were willing but then later find out the 9 year olds were having more sex than the 10 year olds and more willingly.

On... what basis? Oh right, we're still working with three data points... and forming conclusions on what the other datapoints MUST look like without any data. I wonder what that makes us look like.

I haven't investigated his data, the data being irrelevant to my argument. I consider the whole thing a big old distraction from philosophical readability and not being hypocritical and stuff. It's really easy, and I'm dying... because you're not fucking doing it. So easy!

Challenge: form an argument which allows for what you are trying to do WITHOUT applying special pleading or arbitrariness into the argument.

I'm arguing that 9 year olds shouldn't have sex it isn't exactly difficult. There's no pleading involved and I'm using the statistics of the person I'm arguing against.

Which is a better law for most 9 year olds, the one that allows them to legally get pregnant, beaten, distracted or totally brought out of education plus in realistic practical terms results in child abuse and forced marriages coerced by parents and so on.

Or a law which promotes not having sex with 9 year olds, good parenting education, no domestic abuse and so on, it's actually boring me how little effort I have to put into the argument, as I said I haven't even used my statistics and by the way yes I would say those statistics do result in 9 year olds wanting less sex than 10 year olds based on the information on those charts.

Guess how the majority of mammals on this earth came into being? By their parents having sex. Condoms split, contraception often causes medical problems so they aren't always advisable, abortions are often dangerous and basically it's just better for the 9 year old to remain not pregnant, call me old fashioned that's just how I see things.

Quote:And 50.1% is higher than 49.9%... struggling... to.... see... your... point.

My point is the majority vast vast majority of 10 year olds don't have sex, the majority that do, didn't want to and were persuaded by force or threats. You asked to see these statistics and they are provided to you by someone who is arguing the same point as you, now I paste them in front of you and you ask me what my point is?
Don't ask me for statistical evidence if you don't want to see it and refuse to see the point in it even if it is right in front of your nose.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A challenge about women and marriage in Islam - by paulpablo - May 2, 2013 at 6:48 pm
Shocking statistics about sex - by Muslim Scholar - May 1, 2013 at 4:16 am
RE: Shocking statistics about sex - by paulpablo - May 1, 2013 at 4:23 am
RE: Shocking statistics about sex - by paulpablo - May 1, 2013 at 4:37 am
RE: Shocking statistics about sex - by paulpablo - May 1, 2013 at 4:49 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Women-Life-Freedom Movement in Iran Leonardo17 69 6486 April 7, 2023 at 7:22 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  [Quranic Reflection]: Anthropomorphism and God in Islam WinterHold 15 1604 June 16, 2021 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: The tranquillity men find in women and women find in men WinterHold 62 8341 October 22, 2020 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  [Quranic Reflection]: Women have the right to state their own rights in the marriage WinterHold 34 4871 June 30, 2020 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7948 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Beating women in Islam WinterHold 255 39648 April 9, 2019 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  To clear up that Islam is not pedophilia and chrisitanity is according to a guy here Smain 6 990 June 26, 2018 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  The Quran and The Prohibiting of Pedophilia? Marriage Contracts WinterHold 132 26968 April 27, 2018 at 9:32 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  "Why not a proof/Sign/indication" - challenge and various responses to it in Quran. Mystic 67 13886 November 20, 2017 at 3:58 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Saudi cleric says women too stupid to drive zebo-the-fat 38 7095 September 30, 2017 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Mystic