Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 1, 2024, 1:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You know what really grinds my gears? RAPE-UBLICANS
RE: You know what really grinds my gears? RAPE-UBLICANS
(July 26, 2013 at 8:15 pm)Rahul Wrote: How generous of you to tell everyone else how to live. How many times have you been pregnant?

Irrelevant question, I’ve never been a slave owner either, that does not disqualify me from arguing against slavery. If a person is going to engage in behavior that often results in pregnancy, then they’ll have to own up to it if it happens. I am for personal responsibility.

Quote: I can read.

That’s nice, but not what I asked. I asked how do you know that an unborn Human is not a person? That’s quite the claim and you’re going to have to back it up now.

Quote:

Wikipedia? A user-generated site? What does this have to do with the personhood of the unborn baby?

Quote: You're one sick fuck. I guess you don't have any female family members that you give the slightest shit about. Well I do.

Actually all of my female family members are just as pro-life as I am. I guess you don’t have any babies that you care about. Two can play that game. Tongue Call me all the names you like, but it doesn’t change the fact that you’re getting destroyed in this debate.

Quote: Christians don't base their laws on rational reasons. I disagree that it is immoral. Who are you to dictate to everyone else what is and is not moral?

Morals exist independent of whether or not you believe murdering an innocent baby is immoral. However, that does say a lot about you as a person.

Quote: And the rape analogy is shit. And you know it. Utter shit.

This is really all you’ve got? You’re really suggesting that if rape being illegal didn’t reduce the number of rapes committed you’d support legalizing it?

Quote: I like how you pulled that statement right out of your ass. What else do you have shoved up there?

Says the person appealing to user-generated websites to try and prove a point, that’s fresh.

Quote: Not scare tactics. Facts support my statements. Facts. I know you religious types have a weak grasp of what a fact is.

Facts? Where? Where? Where’s the statistical difference in the mortality rate amongst American women in the US prior to the legalization of abortion?

Quote:21.6 million women experience an unsafe abortion worldwide each year; 18.5 million of these occur in developing countries
47 000 women die from complications of unsafe abortion each year.
Deaths due to unsafe abortion remain close to 13% of all maternal deaths.

We’re talking about in the US, not worldwide, so you’ll have to get better data. 0.2% of unsafe abortions worldwide result in the death of the mother? I thought you claimed these things were unsafe? You never said that women have a 99.8% chance of surviving them! I’d much rather save the baby who has a 0% chance of surviving them. Why are you supporting the death of 21,600,000 people per year in order to safe 47,000 people per year? Completely backwards logic.

Quote: Are you going to keep making blanket false assertions with nothing to back you up or can we act like mature rational adults?

You’re obviously incapable of acting like an adult. You’ve backed my statements up rather nicely though, abortion is not a dangerous procedure for women so you’ll have to find new scare tactics.

(July 26, 2013 at 9:50 pm)Maelstrom Wrote: That is not a solution.

Sure it is, if nobody had abortions no babies would die from abortions and no women would die during the procedure. Problem solved.

Quote: You are not a woman.

True statement, and neither are you.

Quote: You will never become pregnant.

Another true statement, and neither will you.

Quote: You will never be faced with the hard decision of either keeping it or getting rid of it.

Getting rid of what?

Quote: Only a woman can understand what it is like to carry a parasite in her body for nine months, and it should by all rights be her decision to have an abortion if she so chooses to have one.

A parasite? I really hope you’re not referring to babies as parasites. That is just disgusting and rather ignorant to boot (parasites by definition are of a separate species than their host, so babies cannot be parasites). It’s amazing the levels you all will stoop to in order to try and justify such barbarism.

Quote: It is no man's prerogative to instruct any woman what she can or cannot do with her body.

Wrong again. It’s against the law for a woman to use her body to kill another person. Secondly, it’s not her body; it’s logically fallacious for numerous reasons to argue that the baby is part of the mother’s body.

“As a materialist, I think it has been demonstrated that an embryo is a separate body and entity, and not merely (as some really did used to argue) a growth on or in the female body. There used to be feminists who would say that it was more like an appendix or even—this was seriously maintained—a tumor. That nonsense seems to have stopped. Embryology confirms morality. The words “unborn child,” even when used in a politicized manner, describe a material reality.”- The late Christopher Hitchens

Messages In This Thread
RE: You know what really grinds my gears? RAPE-UBLICANS - by Statler Waldorf - August 1, 2013 at 4:44 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheney challenger admits to statutory rape: Republicans don't care Rev. Rye 39 2176 May 28, 2021 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Do you REALLY want things to change? onlinebiker 16 1557 September 19, 2020 at 4:45 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Atheists: Where are you? And who wants to know? Sanau 21 1320 March 29, 2020 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Punishment for rape in Turkey? Marry your rapist. Mechaghostman2 2 313 January 23, 2020 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  People do not know how close they really are until they start a war with somebody WinterHold 5 967 October 10, 2019 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Okay GOP, now is your time to shine and show how much you really love America GODZILLA 25 3099 July 17, 2018 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Well! Wbat do you know! chimp3 6 1001 July 15, 2018 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Hey Fuckface- When It Reaches Ken Starr Territory You Can Let Us Know Minimalist 0 387 May 15, 2018 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  10 things that you did not know about immigrants. Jehanne 31 4119 April 24, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Hey Jared! Do You Know What "Sweet Cheeks" Means In Jail? Minimalist 8 999 January 20, 2018 at 10:52 pm
Last Post: Joods