Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 2, 2024, 11:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
atheism making me more depresesd, what should i do?
RE: atheism making me more depresesd, what should i do?
I suggest taking every day one at a time. From morning to night, make decisions that will be good for yourself. To start with, focus on taking care of yourself. Take a shower, clean house, make your environment worthy of your presence. Go grocery shopping, buy healthy foods. Then focus on doing things that release that seratonin. Futile is right, do some exercise. Take your dog for a walk? Or go visit someone you know needs a visit. Like I take my neice and nephew to the park, or go see my grandparents and grandpa likes to take killer walks Tongue
Did you know that just seeing the blue sky releases seratonin? Go sit out in the sun, start a project you've been wanting to do for awhile. I'm constantly battling to do these simple things because I'm on disability for an auto-immune disease and am on chemotherapy treatments. I have ptsd from all the medical stuff I've been dealt in the past, not to mention life in general. The number one most important thing is to sleep, to make sure you get enough sleep. You know what I mean. Take a benadryl or a tylenol PM if you have to, but get the rest you need night after night after night.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: atheism making me more depresesd, what should i do? - by Mystical - October 20, 2013 at 7:49 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This is making the rounds on my FB feed. Figbash 10 1976 December 16, 2019 at 11:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27191 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  My siblings are agnostic, should I try discussing atheism with them? CindyBaker 17 3658 April 18, 2016 at 9:27 am
Last Post: LostLocke
  Why is Atheism more controversial in America than Europe? TheMessiah 19 4346 June 6, 2015 at 5:44 pm
Last Post: JuliaL
  Making money out of cretins FreeTony 21 3608 February 10, 2015 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12534 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  Case closed on making cases against the case for stuff, in case you were wondering. Whateverist 27 5662 December 11, 2014 at 8:12 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Strong/Gnostic Atheism and Weak/Agnostic Atheism Dystopia 26 12170 August 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Dawsonite
  Debate share, young earth? atheism coverup? atheism gain? xr34p3rx 13 10509 March 16, 2014 at 11:30 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  Article: 5 Reasons There Aren't More Women in Atheism rexbeccarox 36 14121 August 6, 2013 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda