Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is having a mod on the ignore list against rules?
RE: Why is having a mod on the ignore list against rules?
Despite The Germans are coming being permanently banned, I think I at least deserve the chance to counter some of the things he said in this thread which are completely untrue.

(October 27, 2013 at 8:37 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: Tiberius willingly wronged me through dishonest behavior, I left the forum for 2 months out of disgust and rage and when coming back decided after some time that I do not want to engage in any form of conversation with him in any way since he hat lost all credibility and ,most importent of all: because I wanted to avoid lowering myself down on his dishonest character by enaging with him.
Right, let's get one thing clear off the bat. There was no "willingly" wronging of anyone here. You objected to my stance on how I would deal with racist friends, and made several posts (including one thread specifically targeting me) alluding to me being a racist sympathizer or indeed, a racist itself. You also took my position to the extreme, comparing my choice of remaining friends with racists to hanging out and drinking with members of the Nazi SS. Nobody in their right mind would equate the two; they are totally different.

When you came back, you actually sent me a PM asking if you needed to apologize to me for your behaviour. Who is being dishonest now? You write like I've done some terrible wrong to you, yet it was you who felt the need to ask if I felt wronged. I told you at the time that it was up to you to determine whether you wanted the apologize. I didn't demand anything of you.

(October 27, 2013 at 10:02 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: The creator of an institution who has assigned a rule book of equality has absolutly no power of determining the way people have to be treated in this institution.

The reason why I left this forum for 2 months was because I suspected that he had the power to do whatever he wanted without facing any consequences.
Then you suspected wrong, as any member of staff will gladly testify. The rules apply to us just as much as anyone else. Additionally, with any issue that contains potential biases, we remove ourselves from the decision making process, as I have highlighted before. Whilst I was the person who reported your personal attack against A Theist, I immediately voided any vote I may have in what the punishment should be. Thankfully, the rest of the staff decided that you had gone too far, too often, and permanently banned you.

Quote:Coming back I put him on my ignore list so I could avoid him because I believed him to have that power signed to himself by himself.
You believed, but never asked, nor sought out the truth of the matter. That is your own fault.

Quote:AND NOT! Because I wanted to defy the rules of this forum.
That is rather irrelevant. If you agree to a set of rules when you sign up, then you get punished when you break them, even if it was not your intention to break them. Ignorance is not an excuse.

Quote:And should I find him ever to wrong anyone again in such a disgusting way and he wont face consequences I will leave.
The only way I can think I've ever wronged you is by disagreeing with you, which isn't a crime, nor is it against the rules in a discussion forum.

Quote:Tiberius is a deceitfull and dishonest bully and no matter whatever your possition whereever maybe, if you wrong someone, you should face responsibility!
You are the only one being deceitful here, by not disclosing the full facts of the matter.

Quote:I do not have anything to apologise for. In fact, I gave him the chance to settle this.
Ironically, you "gave me the chance" to settle this by asking me whether you needed to apologize to me. It was only later that you decided that you didn't need to apologize for anything, and by some warped logic that meant that I somehow refused to settle the matter with you. It was already settled. You left for 2 months; the entire thing was in the past and forgotten about. Clearly you had some niggling guilty about it remaining though, if the first thing you do when you get back is ask if you need to apologize.

Quote:I will not be framed as an antisemite!
I have never framed you as an antisemite.

Quote:I will not be framed as being someone who calls people racist for no reason, other than damaging their credibility!!!!
Yet this is precisely the kind of person you tried to paint me as. Someone who would enjoy drinks with a bunch of mass-murdering members of the Nazi SS...

Quote:I will not have myself silenced and the oppertunity to reply taken away!
You were only silenced because you broke the rules repeatedly. Prior to that, you used countless opportunities to defend yourself and your views. You are being dishonest yet again.

Quote:I will not have myself constantly reminded in a depracating way of my spelling mistakes because of his lack of argument!
Again, being dishonest. I did not "constantly" remind you of your spelling mistakes because I lacked argument. If you read through our discussions, you will find plenty of arguments from both myself and yourself. I only started telling you to write in comprehensible English because (a) your English was atrocious when you got angry, and (b) you kept on writing stuff which I misinterpreted due to your poor wording, and you would get very angry at the fact that I had misinterpreted it. It is not my fault if I misinterpret what you say because you were too angry and lazy to write in proper English sentences.

Quote:That is what he did! And if you believe that such behavior is in any way justified, then you have a problem and not me!
This is not what I did, and anyone who bothers to read through our conversations would see that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is having a mod on the ignore list against rules? - by Tiberius - October 28, 2013 at 10:38 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Ignore" Leaderboard SteveII 86 7303 August 17, 2018 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Buddy List Alerts Foxaèr 15 3451 May 2, 2018 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  List Posts BrianSoddingBoru4 15 3119 April 7, 2018 at 8:02 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  What is the "Buddy List" for? Why must we request/give consent? Whateverist 16 2580 November 3, 2017 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: shadow
  Having site issues Foxaèr 11 1651 November 1, 2017 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  emoticon problem fixed -ignore ignoramus 16 2104 October 6, 2017 at 11:30 pm
  Buddy List: What Is It / What does it Do? Neo-Scholastic 17 3311 November 20, 2016 at 10:05 pm
  Is anyone else having issues loading the forum? Losty 19 2411 June 14, 2016 at 3:00 pm
Last Post: Losty
  About the ignore list Orchids 28 3628 September 22, 2015 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Suggestion for a minor rules change. Ravenshire 24 6300 July 8, 2015 at 9:12 am
Last Post: Napoléon