Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 19, 2024, 1:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easy arguments against the Bible, and religion as a whole
RE: Easy arguments against the Bible, and religion as a whole
i find it amazing how some here say christians are closed minded but prove themselves to be closed minded. i hear ppl saying "they assume it's the word of god but it's not." that right there is assuming it's not the word of god. ppl saying it sounds rediculous but evolution and the big bang theory sounds equally if not more rediculous. it's basically saying a puzzle put itself together by random events and luck. that something more complicated than anything we have ever built just happened. the fact is evolution has no evidence other than what made darwin come up with the theory in the first place (which isn't really evidence) and no further evidence has been found. they say one inaccuracy or hoax of the bible means it's all fake but there have been so many evelutionary hoaxes it's not even funny but every time it happens it's ignored. when someone combines an ape jaw to a human skull and presents it as a missing link but later is discovered to be a fake is just what ever. you accuse christians of holding back science but apparently athiests do the same thing. dismissing the notion of a creator because "that's just stupid." well i think throwing away possibilities with no evidence to rule it out is "just stupid." i think coming up with theories and withholding evidence that doesn't support those theories is "just stupid." you should find out how carbon dating works before you use that as evidence cuz that's just bad science built on assumptions. that's what evolution is. just because animals adapt means that's how all animals came to be? a chain of trial and error without any proof that it's possible for a spicies to change to another? there's proof many different types of cats exist and can create other kinds of cats but there's no proof a cat can become a squirl or can become anything other than a cat.

what i also find astounding is you assume your science is right but science changes all the time. science used to think the earth was flat or dome shape but in the book of Isiah 40:22 it says "It is He who sits above the circle of the earth..." so the bible had it thousands of years before science could prove it how interesting. if it were wrong then that could be evidence against the bible but every time ppl try to prove the bible wrong they find it's facts entirely accurate, all the historical and scientific ones. but i must thank science cuz on the other hand if it weren't for those finding new evidence to support it accidently, i wouldn't appreciate it as much so thank you Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Easy arguments against the Bible, and religion as a whole - by chi pan - December 15, 2011 at 5:38 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 Syllogistic arguments for Gods existence Otangelo 84 11417 January 14, 2020 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Easy comebacks ? Macoleco 50 5984 November 22, 2019 at 6:54 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why garden and not whole world? Fake Messiah 14 2579 March 21, 2019 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Satanic Bible vs Christian Bible ƵenKlassen 31 7719 November 27, 2017 at 10:38 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  How do religious people react to their own arguments? Vast Vision 60 16698 July 9, 2017 at 2:16 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Stephen Fry and Christopher Hitchens against Catholicism Edwardo Piet 2 1151 May 14, 2017 at 9:02 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Atheists, what are the most convincing theist arguments you heard of? SuperSentient 169 23247 April 1, 2017 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Why most arguments for God prove God. Mystic 67 8843 March 25, 2017 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Fred Hampton
  Strong and Weak Arguments Neo-Scholastic 99 17233 January 11, 2017 at 12:41 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  The Best Evidence For God and Against God The Joker 49 9814 November 22, 2016 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Asmodee