Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 21, 2024, 4:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Objective evidence for the existence of Jesus Christ?
RE: Objective evidence for the existence of Jesus Christ?
(April 1, 2015 at 12:14 am)Nestor Wrote: I hope you do realize the magnitude of going through each passage and the many debates over how to analysis this or that element because honestly I'm not really up for it, nor do I think I'm really that well-versed in the technicalities to present such a case in a way that could do it justice. But I do recall a recent poster coming on here and  man-handling Min and some other mythers...

I think you may be missing the point.  No one here has said Jesus absolutely didn't exist on some level, I believe what most are saying is that there is not sufficient evidence to make the claim that you are trying to make.
Clearly, you want desperately for Jesus to have existed and are unwilling to concede even the smallest of his mythical attributes.  
You seem utterly determined to accept any and all ancient scribblings on the grounds that some unnamed person(s) of scholarly education may have found some circumstantial evidence that even he or she cannot prove.

If Jesus rode into the crowded city of Jerusalem while hundreds, if not thousands of people laid palm branches at his feet, why pray tell is there absolutely no record of this?  I'd say that's a pretty significant event.  The list goes on and on.  
You seem more caught up in the religious significance of Jesus' back story rather than actual events.
Prove those events took place on any historical level and I'll subliminally accept that jewish zombie right now (just kidding, I won't).  Until then, you are merely spouting the same old tired rhetoric:  "Why would they lie - it must be real."  It's a painfully weak position if you ask me.

But hey, messiahs always seem to need defenders. 
Just once, I'd like to see one that could stand on his own merits - complete with legitimate historical record and a halfway decent miracle.   Undecided
[Image: Evolution.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Objective evidence for the existence of Jesus Christ? - by Cinjin - April 1, 2015 at 12:46 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dear Atheists: what would convince you God/Christ is Real? JJoseph 207 11991 February 12, 2024 at 1:51 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  The Historical Evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Nishant Xavier 38 2589 August 7, 2023 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  When were the Gospels Written? The External and Internal Evidence. Nishant Xavier 62 3466 August 6, 2023 at 10:25 pm
  Veridical NDEs: Evidence/Proof of the Soul and the After-Life? Nishant Xavier 32 1751 August 6, 2023 at 5:36 pm
  Isaiah 53, 700 B.C: Historical Evidence of the Divine Omniscience. Nishant Xavier 91 4973 August 6, 2023 at 2:19 pm
  Conscience and the Moral Argument as Evidence for the Goodness of God. Nishant Xavier 162 8362 July 9, 2023 at 7:53 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Signature in the Cell: DNA as Evidence for Design, beside Nature's Laws/Fine-Tuning. Nishant Xavier 54 2961 July 8, 2023 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Do atheists believe in the existence of friendship? KerimF 191 10706 June 9, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  What is the worst religion in existence? Hi600 89 6538 May 6, 2023 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1072 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump