Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 6:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Contradiction of Coercions Can We Have a Christian Explaination?
RE: A Contradiction of Coercions Can We Have a Christian Explaination?
(July 26, 2015 at 3:50 pm)Randy Carson Wrote:
(July 26, 2015 at 2:16 pm)SnakeOilWarrior Wrote: And here lies the greatest problem with discussing anything about gawd with a christer. There is nothing their gawd can do that they can't construe as good, because they get to make up his motives for him. Coercing Jonah into obeying is ok because gawd was "doing a GOOD thing by saving Jonah's life." Ordering the slaughter of the Canaanites was ok because they were evil and gawd had promised that land to the Israelites. Firebombing an entire population is ok, "cuz they was wicked!!!" Destroying the entire fucking world is just fucking dandy because of the "wickedness" of every extant human being (including newborn infants) except, of course, for Noah and his family. Hell, even generations of incest, not once, but twice, seems to be perfectly acceptable despite the majority of christers abhorring the practice as immoral.

The fact that Christians have reasonable explanations for all your silly objections really sticks in your craw, doesn't it?

Get over it.

And here lies the second greatest problem with discussing anything about gawd with a christer. The fact that they think their explanations for atrocities are somehow reasonable.

No Randy, it doesn't stick in my craw. I just find myself dumbstruck whenever one of you christers whip out yet another weak explanation for an atrocity that you would be condemning if it were attributed to anyone else.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Contradiction of Coercions Can We Have a Christian Explaination? - by Ravenshire - July 26, 2015 at 8:36 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this a contradiction or am I reading it wrong? Genesis 5:28 Ferrocyanide 110 9684 April 10, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Contradiction or Forgetfulness Ferrocyanide 11 1431 February 16, 2022 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 89785 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Have you got some kind of Christian backgound? Dundee 25 3611 April 15, 2020 at 9:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Fox News’ Father Jonathan Morris is Quitting the Priesthood So He Can Have Sex Fake Messiah 46 10768 June 7, 2019 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Drich
  The Silliest Conversation You Will Ever Have With A Christian Rhondazvous 37 4300 February 14, 2018 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Dr. Craig contradiction. Jehanne 121 26029 November 13, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Have you ever asked a Christian this...? Gimple 60 14188 April 14, 2017 at 5:11 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  I Have Proof the the Christian God Does Not and Cannot Eist Rhondazvous 89 14615 July 5, 2016 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Christian argued that everything must have a creator jcvamp 125 24043 December 17, 2015 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: Nontheist