Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Silliest Conversation You Will Ever Have With A Christian
The Silliest Conversation You Will Ever Have With A Christian
Christian: So you have a problem with what god did in the old testament. None of that matters because Jesus came along and changed all that. We're under a new covenant now. You need to read the new testament.
You: I thought god never changes.
Christian: He doesn't.
You: Then he's still just as cruel now as he was in the ot.
Christian: You just don't understand. God doesn't change, but the dispensation changed.
You: So what god dispensed in the ot he is no longer dispensing.
Christian: Yes. See he didn't change. He meant for it to be that way from the beginning.
You. He meant to change?
Christian: No, no, no.
You: You have a definition of change to which I am not privy.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: The Silliest Conversation You Will Ever Have With A Christian
If that is the silliest, then you haven't talked much with em
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

My cousins* go from lukewarm Baptists to snake handlers, so I get the full range of stupidity. I'd post my favorites but people would be certain I was making that shit up.

*Generic for about 1,500 relatives in this immediate area.
Many people rape, steal and kill because they don't care about anything, be it this life or afterlife. Strong theists at least function well in society, even if they are obsessed with Heaven and eternity and want to convert others in to their goal.
Quote:Many people rape, steal and kill because they don't care about anything

Yeah... the fucking churches are full of them.
(February 10, 2018 at 1:46 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: Many people rape, steal and kill because they don't care about anything, be it this life or afterlife. Strong theists at least function well in society, even if they are obsessed with Heaven and eternity and want to convert others in to their goal.

I think you give them too much credit. The ones that are certain they're being judged continuously are also the ones that believe that God sees things pretty much as they do.
(February 10, 2018 at 2:00 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(February 10, 2018 at 1:46 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: Many people rape, steal and kill because they don't care about anything, be it this life or afterlife. Strong theists at least function well in society, even if they are obsessed with Heaven and eternity and want to convert others in to their goal.

I think you give them too much credit. The ones that are certain they're being judged continuously are also the ones that believe that God sees things pretty much as they do.

True story: a Jesus freak in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina accepted hush money from a wealthy rapist to keep quiet about a rape he had witnessed. He was convinced that "God gave him that money," and therefore felt no obligation to report what he'd seen to the authorities.
(February 10, 2018 at 2:04 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote:
(February 10, 2018 at 2:00 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I think you give them too much credit. The ones that are certain they're being judged continuously are also the ones that believe that God sees things pretty much as they do.

True story: a Jesus freak in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina accepted hush money from a wealthy rapist to keep quiet about a rape he had witnessed. He was convinced that "God gave him that money," and therefore felt no obligation to report what he'd seen to the authorities.

Sounds right. Some of my SoBap cousins believe making moonshine is okay with God because he wouldn't let the alcohol form if it wasn't.
(February 10, 2018 at 1:45 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: My cousins* go from lukewarm Baptists to snake handlers, so I get the full range of stupidity. I'd post my favorites but people would be certain I was making that shit up.

*Generic for about 1,500 relatives in this immediate area.

Have you looked into adoption?  I've heard it is never too late to have a happy childhood and from what you describe a change of family could only help.

(February 10, 2018 at 2:04 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote:
(February 10, 2018 at 2:00 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I think you give them too much credit. The ones that are certain they're being judged continuously are also the ones that believe that God sees things pretty much as they do.

Praise the lord!
My wife vows that I'm adopted.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 87868 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Have you got some kind of Christian backgound? Dundee 25 3496 April 15, 2020 at 9:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Did Mary and Joseph ever have sex? Fake Messiah 41 7148 March 18, 2020 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  The most awkward conversation ever Cod 76 5079 April 3, 2019 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Did Jesus ever have a perm? Cod 32 4316 April 3, 2019 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Worst Christian Video EVER Made Foxaèr 8 1498 October 2, 2017 at 8:45 am
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  Have you ever asked a Christian this...? Gimple 60 13838 April 14, 2017 at 5:11 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  I Have Proof the the Christian God Does Not and Cannot Eist Rhondazvous 89 13819 July 5, 2016 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Christians, would you have saved Jesus, if you had he chance? Simon Moon 294 33914 July 2, 2016 at 11:23 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Christian argued that everything must have a creator jcvamp 125 23381 December 17, 2015 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: Nontheist