Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you ever asked a Christian this...?
Have you ever asked a Christian this...?
"Why hasn't Jesus returned yet? Doesn't he care about saving as many people as possible?"

As far as I know, Christianity is shrinking. The youth are abandoning the church at an exceedingly rapid rate. So the logic goes, wouldn't Jesus save more people and prevent more people from going to hell the sooner he returned?

Have you ever brought this up with a Christian? If so, how did they respond?
RE: Have you ever asked a Christian this...?
Some of them think he did come back.  In 1914.  As  Kaiser Bill.

https://www.jashow.org/articles/false-te...of-christ/

Quote:Jehovah’s Witnesses have put a strange spin on the subject of the second coming of Jesus Christ. This was due to the failure of a prophecy by them that He was to return visibly in 1914 (updated once from 1874!). When Jesus did not show up on their date, they were forced to explain away the failure. They did this by seizing on a secondary meaning of one Greek word used in conjunction with Christ’s coming again. That word was parousia meaning “a being present, presence,” “a coming,” “an arrival.”

Aha! They had an “out”! They would teach that Jesus did “come” and was “present” on their date, 1914, but since He did this in heaven, those on earth could not see it! His coming was conveniently invisible!

[Image: kaiser-bill.jpg]

Great hat, jesus.
They will pull the whole "he strikes like a thief in the night" line . Which strikes me like Indian food in the sense that it is shit.
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

OP: You're kidding right. Don't you know he's in office right now? You had best put your affairs in order.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(April 8, 2017 at 8:41 pm)Orochi Wrote: They will pull the whole "he strikes like a thief in the night" line . Which strikes me like Indian food in the sense that it is shit.

It's always that dodgy vindaloo that does one in...
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
I'm pretty sure Jesus/Jehova doesn't care about saving as many as possible. He admitted that the road to heaven was narrow, and not many would get in, but doesn't seem to go out of his way to improve the odds of people getting in. In fact the bible is really all about the failures of a god trying to make a world function the way he wants it to. It doesn't help that his plan A seems to be killing or threatening to kill the "unworthy", and he doesn't really have a plan B.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I try to speak to jesus freaks as little as possible.  I always find it a depressing experience.
(April 8, 2017 at 8:22 pm)Gimple Wrote: "Why hasn't Jesus returned yet? Doesn't he care about saving as many people as possible?"

As far as I know, Christianity is shrinking. The youth are abandoning the church at an exceedingly rapid rate. So the logic goes, wouldn't Jesus save more people and prevent more people from going to hell the sooner he returned?

Have you ever brought this up with a Christian? If so, how did they respond?

(bolding mine)

No, as a matter of fact, He doesn't.   Apostle Paul did, but not Jesus.

Jesus was sent by the Jewish God in fulfillment of Jewish Law and Jewish prophecy via being born to a Jewish virgin to the Jewish people so that He might preach a perfected version of Judaism and Jewish Law, assisted by 12 Jewish disciples, to the Jews of that era so that they might be better and more pious Jews than their Jewish leaders.

Apostle Paul probably exceeded his authority a bit when he decided he knew better than Jesus did and hijacked Jesus' perfected Jewish religion and made it all his own.

This era's 'Christians continue their proud 2000 year old tradition of rewriting Jesus as THEY see fit. 

So your question to them is going to garner a bewildered look like you have been eating moldy potato salad . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Indeed Jesus, like all past Prophets and Guides, is doing their best to spiritually help people to be guided and prepare people for the return of Jesus and Imam Mahdi, per my understanding.

I don't know how much Christians emphasize on the connection of Prophets with all people but they are spiritual guides in the unseen.

And they all call people to the Guide on earth who is meant to be the main leader and companion in the journey.

This is beyond stupid.  All Prophets came so that the justice be implemented, and like Socrates and Plato rightly argued, you need a navigator who sees justice as is to guide the just city on course and all parts will come together through that Wise Captain who sees the light as it's meant to be.

Surely there is an awaited leader who will do that, and all religions believe in this.

Sunnis believe the Mahdi will be born, the Jews believe the Messiah will be born, etc....

All Prophets hence came to prepare for the final revelation and the final just city and implementation of God's light by a chosen king and leader.

Be the final revelation the gospel of Jesus or something else like the Quran or whatever,  justice and the just city will happen on a world scale with a divine chosen navigator to steer us on course like talked about as a necessity for justice  by Plato and Socrates for any just society, let alone a just world.
No, I've never asked a Christian that question. My queries to Christians are generally things like, 'Do you know what time the bookshop across the road opens?' and 'Can I get the dressing on the side, please?'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 88914 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Have you got some kind of Christian backgound? Dundee 25 3573 April 15, 2020 at 9:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Did Mary and Joseph ever have sex? Fake Messiah 41 7303 March 18, 2020 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  So again I asked what happened??? Drich 25 2534 July 27, 2019 at 3:51 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Did Jesus ever have a perm? Cod 32 4395 April 3, 2019 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  The Silliest Conversation You Will Ever Have With A Christian Rhondazvous 37 4210 February 14, 2018 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Worst Christian Video EVER Made Foxaèr 8 1510 October 2, 2017 at 8:45 am
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  Have we asked theists what they'd do if their kids turned out like us? Whateverist 20 3332 December 15, 2016 at 7:20 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  I Have Proof the the Christian God Does Not and Cannot Eist Rhondazvous 89 14242 July 5, 2016 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Christians, would you have saved Jesus, if you had he chance? Simon Moon 294 34391 July 2, 2016 at 11:23 am
Last Post: vorlon13