Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 15, 2024, 12:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Long Will Christians Wait for the End Time to Come?
RE: How Long Will Christians Wait for the End Time to Come?
(August 30, 2015 at 1:54 pm)deep thinker Wrote: My point is quite simple.  Atheists always hide behind a single word when asked to state their beliefs with regards to the origin of matter/life.  Yes, atheism is not a defined belief system but that doesn't mean you, as a human being, are not capable of having an internal belief system as to the origin of matter. 

Why would I go out of my way to take a position on that topic, when we don't currently have evidence sufficient to confirming that position? If we don't have the requisite information then we don't know the answer, and that is the honest position to take; if we don't know, why should I consider myself obligated to take a position anyway?

Quote: Atheists always like to attack others for their belief system as it pertains to the origin of matter but they never like to talk about their own beliefs. 

There's a reason for that: those other belief systems lack evidence or justification, yet so often wish to dictate terms for how others live their lives. A belief system formed without evidence, in the absence of evidence, is worthy of attack. Delusions aren't something to be proud of, no matter how one comes across them.

Quote:Any belief you have, as it pertains to the origin of life, is not superior to the belief system of a Christian or any other person. 

It is if it's, you know, true. Or if it has evidence... which the christian belief system does not.

Quote:There is, and will never be, a natural or scientific explanation for the existence/creation of all matter. 

Oh yes? And how did you determine that?

Quote: Isn't it interesting we have the capability to think abstract about the origins of life yet we clearly lack the tools to ever answer the question?  We have not better answer today then we had 6,000 years ago.

Roll back the clock two hundred years and you could say the same thing about space travel, go back even further and you could say it about thunder and lightning. Your current ignorance is not an excuse to proclaim questions unanswerable. One thing history has shown us clearly is that it's never smart to bet against the future.

Quote: The big bang is nice theory expect there is absolutely no explanation for what created matter prior to the big bang.

How do you have a "prior" to the creation of time? Are you even listening to yourself when you talk?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Long Will Christians Wait for the End Time to Come? - by Esquilax - August 30, 2015 at 3:09 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This is the Beginning of the End Serafino 23 2238 November 25, 2023 at 8:24 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1352 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Nailed to a cross, Filipino prays for Ukraine war to end Ferrocyanide 1 556 April 8, 2023 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
Lightbulb the end is nigh 2!!! Drich 113 9065 October 1, 2020 at 7:21 pm
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7962 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
  In the end, there's just what you personally believe Foxaèr 31 4895 August 12, 2018 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  How long did Jesus spend in Hell? Gawdzilla Sama 43 7198 February 5, 2018 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
Exclamation Christianity is Dead, Long live the rEvolution! Bow Before Zeus 77 14896 December 26, 2017 at 2:59 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Irational fear of hell still naggs me from time to time Arsoo 103 27984 November 9, 2017 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink vorlon13 11 2742 August 1, 2017 at 12:25 am
Last Post: ignoramus