Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 4:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your thoughts on Satanism and the petition for a Satanic statue.
RE: Your thoughts on Satanism and the petition for a Satanic statue.
(September 9, 2015 at 7:59 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote:
(September 9, 2015 at 6:59 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: 1. You must have misunderstood. If we're talking about simply having a Satan statue somewhere, I don't care. My high school mascot was the blue devils. I didn't exactly throw a fit lol.
I get that. My point was that because of the placement of the 10 Commandments in both of the major cases, the only placement where both monuments will receive equal prominence is when they're near each other. Not right on top of each other, but near each other where it's clear that one is not more prominently displayed.

Ah, I see what you're saying. Hadn't thought about that.

(September 9, 2015 at 7:59 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote:
(September 9, 2015 at 6:59 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: 2. I don't see how/why it would effect anything, quite honestly. The people who are Christian working at the courthouse are going to continue being Christian, and those who aren't, won't. I don't think deep seeded American principles of separation of Church and state would go away because of the 10 commandments monument.

EDIT TO ADD: Remember, I said "I don't care as long as it doesn't effect the laws." So hypothetically speaking, if it did effect the laws, I would see a problem. Otherwise it just seems petty to me.

CL, come on. You are smarter than that. Ted Cruz, Roy Moore, Asa Hutchinson, Mike Huckabee, and a litany of other legislators and governors have shown time and time again that they are willing to impose Christian law on people rather than Constitutional law. They will all tell you that they believe the US was founded on Christianity. These asshats drive by the 10 Commandments every day, and you don't think that reaffirms their idiotic sense of privilege?
[/quote]

Ok. I don't keep up much with politics, but I just doubt that this country will ever not have separation of church and state, even if some people might come along and try to push for it. What particularly "Christian" law do those guys want to impose?
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your thoughts on Satanism and the petition for a Satanic statue. - by Catholic_Lady - September 9, 2015 at 11:08 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Satanism seems fun FrustratedFool 50 2918 August 24, 2023 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: FrustratedFool
  Petition UK Government Xygov 1 635 September 27, 2021 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Your thoughts on John Gray? Foxaèr 12 3201 May 14, 2018 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What are your thoughts on Richard Dawkins? NuclearEnergy 96 13081 December 6, 2017 at 3:06 am
Last Post: Bow Before Zeus
  Atheists, what are your thoughts on us Agnostics? NuclearEnergy 116 27221 November 30, 2017 at 12:09 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Thoughts On Atheism and Faith ray3400 107 12767 October 12, 2016 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: henryp
  Thoughts Torin 2 1028 August 18, 2016 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Remove Bishops from House of Lords - Petition Mr Greene 19 2105 February 9, 2016 at 10:48 am
Last Post: robvalue
  My thoughts on deepak chopra dyresand 4 1539 October 24, 2015 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: Darkstar
  Thoughts on origins Kingpin 54 8538 August 12, 2015 at 8:23 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude