Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 19, 2024, 12:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians - even the Bible says that Jesus was not God so why do you say he was ?
RE: Christians - even the Bible says that Jesus was not God so why do you say he was ?
(October 20, 2015 at 1:26 pm)alpha male Wrote:
(October 20, 2015 at 1:21 pm)jenny1972 Wrote: messiah did not mean "God" for the jews . jews were not expecting the messiah to be God

Feel free to support that. I gave passages supporting my position. You give nothing to support your own, or to refute mine.

Quote:Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I. (John 14:28)
How can Yahushua be deity if he declares his heavenly Father is greater than he himself? And what of this text?
Quote:But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Messiah; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Messiah is the Almighty. (1Corinthians 11:3, "Christ" is replaced with "Messiah" and "God" is replaced with "the Almighty," where it is appropriate throughout this presentation.)
Please notice the progression of authority given in this passage: The woman is subject to the man, the man is subject to Messiah, and the Messiah is himself subject to his heavenly Father. This same point is made in 1 Corinthians 15:28, and this text even describes the Millennial reign of Messiah perfectly:
Quote:
For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Messiah shall all be made alive. But every man in his own order: Messiah the firstfruits; afterward they that are Messiah’s at his coming. Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to the Almighty, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that the Almighty may be all in all. (1 Corinthians 15:21-28)
The Messiah Yahushua will subdue all things and place them under his authority and power during the Millennial reign. After this, when everything has been subdued, he will then transfer all of his authority to his heavenly Father and will himself be “subject unto him that put all things under him.” Not only does this indicate that the Messiah is a distinct person from our heavenly Father, but that he is subordinate to him. The Messiah is not the Almighty and he is not equal to the Almighty in any way. Such teachings are not based upon Scripture nor the Messianic writings. So now, ask yourselves the question: "Who is it that has come preaching another Messiah?"
When we ask the Jews themselves as to what the reasons are that they cannot accept Yahushua (Jesus) as Messiah, we get many different answers. However, there is one answer which is almost always listed as the number one reason for their inability to accept him as Messiah—the question of deity. Please note what is said about this in the Wikipedia article Judaism’s View of Jesus:
Quote:
While Judaism has no special or particular view of Jesus, and very few texts in Judaism directly refer to or take note of Jesus, Judaism takes a strong stand against many views expressed by Christian theology. One of the most important Jewish principles of faith is the belief in one God and one God only with no partnership of any kind,[1] and belief in Jesus as deity, part of a deity, son of God, or Christ, is incompatible with Judaism.[2]
Christianity is stated to have actually separated from Judaism because of this very problem—the issue of “another Messiah.” At the very fundamental core of the problem is the divergence between the Jewish and the Greek understanding of deity (“God”). To the pagan Greek culture (which is based upon the philosophy of Plato and others), there were many “gods.” In Judaism, their faith is strictly monotheistic—there is but one supreme Elohim (“Mighty One”), and He is Yahweh. It was by proclaiming Yahushua to in-fact be deity by a certain group of Messianic believers near the end of the first century that the final separation between these two groups took place.

(October 20, 2015 at 1:27 pm)houseofcantor Wrote:
(October 20, 2015 at 1:15 pm)jenny1972 Wrote: God is the "father" of us all thats why in the Lords prayer it is said " OUR father who art in heaven hallowed be thy name ... "

John 20:16-18 :
16 Jesus saith unto her,Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master. 17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father;
and to my God, and your God. 18 Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the LORD, and that he had spoken these things unto her.

Wouldn't that be a consequence of trinity? Do you believe in trinity?

jesus said " my Father and your Father " " my God and your God " indicating that he was no different than anyone else .... unless many many people are apart of the trinity somehow

(October 20, 2015 at 1:57 pm)alpha male Wrote:
(October 20, 2015 at 1:49 pm)Irrational Wrote: And yet,according to you, Isaiah 9 calls Jesus Everlasting Father.

Yep, and Jesus said that if you've seen him, you've seen the Father. It's a bit of a paradox. Depending opn the circumstances, Jesus emphasized either his oneness with the Father or his distinction as the Son.

Matthew chapter 16:
13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying,
"Whom do men say that I the son of man am?" 14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets
Imagine there's no heaven It's easy if you try No hell below us Above us only sky Imagine all the people Living for today   FSM Grin   Imagine there's no countries It isn't hard to do Nothing to kill or die for And no religion too Imagine all the people Living life in peace You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you will join us And the world will be as one  - John Lennon

The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also  - Mark Twain

Messages In This Thread
Re: - by John V - October 20, 2015 at 12:42 pm
RE: Christians - even the Bible says that Jesus was not God so why do you say he was ? - by jenny1972 - October 20, 2015 at 2:05 pm
RE: - by John V - October 20, 2015 at 2:33 pm
RE: - by John V - October 21, 2015 at 9:14 pm
Hmmm? - by Hmmm? - October 22, 2015 at 9:46 am
Hmmm? - by Hmmm? - October 22, 2015 at 11:56 am
. - by John V - October 22, 2015 at 12:06 pm
RE: - by John V - October 22, 2015 at 2:42 pm
. - by John V - October 22, 2015 at 1:08 pm
Hmmm? - by Hmmm? - October 22, 2015 at 1:21 pm
RE: - by John V - October 22, 2015 at 2:33 pm
Hmmm? - by Hmmm? - October 22, 2015 at 3:04 pm
RE: - by John V - October 26, 2015 at 8:31 am
RE: - by John V - October 26, 2015 at 8:55 am
RE: - by John V - October 26, 2015 at 10:55 am
RE: - by John V - October 27, 2015 at 8:27 am
Hmmm? - by Hmmm? - October 23, 2015 at 8:14 am
RE: - by John V - October 26, 2015 at 8:21 am
RE: - by John V - October 26, 2015 at 8:14 am
Hmmm? - by Hmmm? - October 23, 2015 at 12:26 pm
RE - by John V - October 26, 2015 at 2:56 pm
Dele - by Hmmm? - October 26, 2015 at 5:37 pm
:•) - by Hmmm? - October 26, 2015 at 6:17 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupid things religious people say Foxaèr 1143 81068 5 hours ago
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Even if theism is a failure, it's still superior to atheism R00tKiT 491 36986 December 25, 2022 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Islam itself says Muhammad is a liar Woah0 41 3298 August 27, 2022 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  God vs Satan - Bible UniverseCaptain 5 1218 October 17, 2021 at 10:55 am
Last Post: no one
Exclamation Why Atheism is Incoherent & You Aren't as Smart as You Think You Are Seax 60 5274 March 19, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Theists: What do you mean when you say that God is 'perfect'? Angrboda 103 17647 March 5, 2021 at 6:35 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  What will you say to God when you stand before him? The Valkyrie 78 9099 March 5, 2021 at 12:57 am
Last Post: Lightbearer
Thumbs Up Taoism Says That Everything Has an Opposite Philos_Tone 37 4541 November 20, 2018 at 8:35 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Nuns are not only Christians Indir 24 2823 October 23, 2018 at 7:13 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Nuns are not only Christians Indir 1 505 October 19, 2018 at 8:48 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama