Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 5:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When Atheists Can't Think Episode 1: No Evidence for God?
RE: When Atheists Can't Think Episode 1: No Evidence for God?
(December 29, 2015 at 3:40 pm)Delicate Wrote:
(December 29, 2015 at 8:23 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: I think I have explained my position so please don't try to give me home work.
Oh and I see you have dodged my questions again about the nature of god which makes me think you don't know.
I'm having a lot of conversations with a lot of people on the forum. Lots to read, and I want to try and respond to all the messages I get out of respect to each poster.

It's possible for things to skip through the cracks.

If I miss a question it might be because I'm responding rapidly and skimming.

Could you try and be charitable? If I were as uncharitable as you are you know things wouldn't be pleasant. I'm asking you to reciprocate the charity I'm showing you.

PS- not homework. Learning.

Foundationalism has grappled with the question you're trying to address and has already provided a name and a rigorous and well-established formal system within which your described doxastic structure fits. What your describe IS a homespun and patchwork version of foundationalism.

Your assumptions correspond to basic beliefs.

But you also said some really silly things like "Where as what you suggested was that ultimately we can't be sure this is all unreal so you may as well believe in god."

I never suggested anything like this.

I think you're seeing ghosts of theism lol.

The way I read your post was that you were implying that nothing could be ultimately known so we can't be sure of anything. As a believer in woo yourself I took this as a justification for the belief in anything because hey you cant be sure we aren't all brains in vats anyway.
This seems like the last resort of someone who has no evidence for their position but if you say that's not what you were saying what were you saying?
All I have ever asked your is evidence for a god and you have yet to supply any.
Anyhoo I have now read up on foundationalism, which seems like another bunch of words used by people to justify unproven beliefs, as such I reject it. Can I have some evidence for god now. Oh and can you explain the nature of god, what its made of how it creates universes etc etc.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Messages In This Thread
RE: When Atheists Can't Think Episode 1: No Evidence for God? - by downbeatplumb - December 30, 2015 at 6:06 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you think Atheists are stupid? Authari 121 5766 January 4, 2024 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Do you think God is authoritarian? ShinyCrystals 65 3256 December 9, 2023 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The Historical Evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Nishant Xavier 38 2558 August 7, 2023 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  When were the Gospels Written? The External and Internal Evidence. Nishant Xavier 62 3413 August 6, 2023 at 10:25 pm
  Veridical NDEs: Evidence/Proof of the Soul and the After-Life? Nishant Xavier 32 1732 August 6, 2023 at 5:36 pm
  Isaiah 53, 700 B.C: Historical Evidence of the Divine Omniscience. Nishant Xavier 91 4912 August 6, 2023 at 2:19 pm
  Conscience and the Moral Argument as Evidence for the Goodness of God. Nishant Xavier 162 8268 July 9, 2023 at 7:53 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Signature in the Cell: DNA as Evidence for Design, beside Nature's Laws/Fine-Tuning. Nishant Xavier 54 2930 July 8, 2023 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  How much pain can atheists withstand ? The End of Atheism 290 17369 May 13, 2023 at 4:22 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Europeans already think about Harry Potter, not about god Interaktive 11 1124 January 1, 2023 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4