Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 21, 2024, 1:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I almost got into an accident and it's been on my mind all day...
RE: I almost got into an accident and it's been on my mind all day...
(March 27, 2016 at 3:30 am)Veritas Wrote: I'm currently taking a driver's educational class with an instructor and an observer. I take turns with the observer and observe for an hour while they drive for an hour then we switch. After I switched to driving and getting about 55 minutes into my turn... we came to a two way stop... but I thought it was an all way stop. I looked right briefly and then left... no one appeared to be coming so I proceeded. (Quick note: The cars they use are modified to have a break on the passengers side incase the instructor needs to make override your decision) A car came blazing from the right and I felt and heard him slam on his brake right before me. I then heard "You could have killed us" from the instructor and to "be more careful." I'm not sure why... but I can't stop thinking about this incident... not just the words he said but the fact that this is real life and I could have (not likely) killed someone and all the blame would then shift to me. So my question is... how can I get this off my mind? :/ Thanks! (NOT PTSD)( Dodgy  feminism)

Definitely get a new instructor.  It's normal for learners to make deadly mistakes, that's why they have a big L on the roof so people are supposed to slow down.
I sort of did the same thing as you, I pushed the break by accident and we came to a sudden stop and a guy speeding behind us had to swerve and my instructor went crazy at me, telling me I almost cost him his livelihood, I quit learning to drive for years after that until relatively recently I tried again and then passed my test first time.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I almost got into an accident and it's been on my mind all day... - by paulpablo - March 27, 2016 at 9:01 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You’ve Been Kidnapped!! BrianSoddingBoru4 40 2265 December 14, 2023 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Ever been treated this way? Strange Vague Story. Disagreeable 18 1258 January 31, 2022 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Been wondering what the boyfriend looks like? Foxaèr 8 724 January 14, 2022 at 11:43 am
Last Post: johnnyy
  Imagine You've Been Kidnapped BrianSoddingBoru4 26 1452 August 20, 2021 at 4:13 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Little green men just got real. ignoramus 87 7443 July 7, 2021 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  How high have you ever been? Frank Apisa 27 2195 June 28, 2021 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  What ya got growing this summer? brewer 11 557 June 5, 2021 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Help Making Indoor Cat into Outdoor cat. vulcanlogician 22 2030 May 1, 2021 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  What'sa matta, cat got your question? Brian37 49 2374 January 2, 2021 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Upon reading this title, what first comes to mind? Foxaèr 8 371 November 25, 2020 at 10:03 am
Last Post: Foxaèr