Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 8:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to end police shootings in one easy step.
RE: How to end police shootings in one easy step.
(July 21, 2016 at 3:30 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(July 21, 2016 at 1:10 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote: Given the initial 911 call mentioned in the report, I would say that they did.   As I said, I think that from the description, and what the guy said the cops response to the question of "why did you shoot me?"  that it was an accident.  That doesn't justify it, or mean that he shouldn't be brought up charges, but that it should be treated as an accidental shooting.  I would be curious to see the investigation report, and a follow up story.

You obviously have lower standards for pointing a deadly weapon at someone than I do.  If the standard for threat of deadly force is "some guy called 911", then I submit that the standard is far too low.

In addition the shooting occurred *after* the officer had arrived on scene and had reasonable time to assess the situation and stand down.

"Accident" doesn't do it justice, this appears to be negligence, possibly criminal - at least if it were anyone other than a cop.

As I said before, I don't agree, with pointing a gun at someone, that you are not intending to shoot (so I agree, that it shouldn't have happened).   I do think that they should be ready in such cases as a 911 call, and where there is a potential issue for safety.  I would also say , that they should remain ready and alert, until the situation is resolved one way or the other (under control).  If one person says they have a gun, the one in question says that they don't, I do not think that you just stand down.  It is unfortunate, and I imagine, that the kid's autism didn't help in assessing a possibly dangerous situation (it seemed like they where quite a ways back).

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to end police shootings in one easy step. - by RoadRunner79 - July 21, 2016 at 4:20 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you think about the police? FlatAssembler 169 14045 December 19, 2022 at 12:49 am
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  What happens if you "tell" a police to f**k off? Freedom of speech? Duty 16 1076 April 17, 2022 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Trucker Protest - End all COVID Mandates Now HappySkeptic 44 2032 February 23, 2022 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Police in USA arent racist, its just American culture is all Ramus932 10 860 June 14, 2020 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Zepp
  Prague Mayor under police protection Mr Greene 4 441 April 28, 2020 at 6:21 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Serious] Kuala Lumpur Islamic summit: did the night of the vassals began to end? WinterHold 16 1120 January 2, 2020 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  The End Of the Pathologization Of Intersex Amarok 1 468 July 7, 2019 at 4:00 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump Claims He Can Use Executive Order to End Birthright Citizenship Seraphina 43 3149 November 2, 2018 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: brewer
  It's Just One Vote and It's Just One Carbon Footprint Duty 16 1062 October 26, 2018 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How will the Trump Presidency end? (Poll) TheBeardedDude 55 14786 October 18, 2018 at 11:26 am
Last Post: Alan V