Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 12:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being anti social justice warrior is a catalyst for bullying behavior
RE: Being anti social justice warrior is a catalyst for bullying behavior
(October 11, 2016 at 2:09 pm)Arkilogue Wrote:
(October 11, 2016 at 2:02 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: And as far as I remember (correct me if I'm wrong), it wasn't about the message on the cake at all.  The issue was them refusing service to a gay couple, not the message on the cake.

That would be discrimination, but what about an objection to placing two men or two women on a wedding cake?

Should you be forced to create something you find personally, "religiously" offensive?

There are different types of service jobs: maintenance/repair service, destructive service (my line of work) and creative service. I don't believe a person should be forced to create something new in the world they find offensive.

They can't be forced to sell a product they don't offer.  All the couple wanted was a fuckin' cake.  The bakery just has to make a cake, and then the couple can do whatever they want to it - decorate it with little tiny dildos or put two star wars figures on top, or whatever else.  It wasn't a "gay" cake that they wanted.  Just a cake.

And if putting two little male action figures on the top of a cake (which they are not being forced to do, remember) is really a violation of your religious sensibilities, you're the one being oversensitive.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson

Messages In This Thread
RE: Being anti social justice warrior is a catalyst for bullying behavior - by FatAndFaithless - October 11, 2016 at 2:11 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gorillas pose for selfie with DR Congo anti-poaching unit Duty 21 2174 April 22, 2019 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Fuck you, anti-vaxxers bennyboy 32 3491 February 11, 2019 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Social Anxiety Bahana 10 1012 October 4, 2017 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Anti-Vaxx Asshole Wakes Up Minimalist 48 4992 September 22, 2016 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Anti-Vaxxer Sympathy SmootherPebble 131 23264 October 21, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: Jaxxie1181
  Anti vaxers at it again? KichigaiNeko 7 2052 May 16, 2014 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  Anti-vac children on the line Kayenneh 10 5016 January 26, 2014 at 10:30 pm