Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesus did not rise from the dead -- My debate opening statement.
RE: Jesus did not rise from the dead -- My debate opening statement.
(January 14, 2017 at 10:43 am)Khemikal Wrote: Right, but you're a human being, a monkey man -without- a soul.  Drich and his are another type of animal, apparently.  The soulified ones are the ones descended from a dirtman and a ribgirl, not you and I.  Still trying to figure out how god managed not to kill us all off in that little rainstorm he engineered.  I don't recall any of our species being on the cargo manifest of the SS Jehovah.  

Angel

(by the by, for all the shit you -could- give drich on the subject, the notion that the human beings in the garden were not the same as the rest of the fuckers outside the garden is absolutely biblical and foundational to the created and chosen race schtick being peddled by it's authors)

Sorry Kermit...

But we all have souls... the last Souless son of a monkey man died begging to be let into the ark.

(January 14, 2017 at 4:13 pm)Jehanne Wrote:
(January 14, 2017 at 1:47 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: I seriously hope you didn't post that link for my benefit. Lol.

For that matter, I hope you didn't post it for Drich's sake -- unless you are prepared to go down the exegetical rabbit hole with him for the next 40 pages.

I gave at the fucking office.

Christian Biblical literalism has been falsified; it is time for that portion of the human race that had embraced that fantasy, either through birth, the result of marriage or intellectual laziness and other shortcomings to move on.

Perhaps by small minded people who do not wish to contiplate a greater truth... That being the creation account as recorded in scripture can and does encompass any scientific theory and can still ring completely true.

All on need do is eliminate the time line the church/religion has false put on the end of creation and the fall of Man. Once you allow the bible to simply read as written, then the planet/galaxy universe can be as old as you little mind needs it to be. Razz

(January 15, 2017 at 7:12 am)Tonus Wrote:
(January 14, 2017 at 8:28 am)Crossless1 Wrote: Oh my, you haven't had the benefit of Drich's views on Genesis, have you?  Big Grin

Short version: Earth/cosmos older than 10,000 years . . . evolution not necessarily disputed . . . "monkey-man" pre-Garden-of-Eden, followed by literal Adam and Eve (true, spirit-endowed humans) . . . etc.

It's a magnificent mess and a fine example of what happens when people really take the Bible to be true and then needlessly contort themselves to make it "fit" with what science has found. On this issue, Drich seems to be a church of one. In any case, I've never come across anyone with a similar take on the question.

AronRa just completed a series of videos critiquing one of David C. Pack's videos, and in one of them Pack explains that between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2 there is a 13.5 billion year gap where the universe and Earth take shape, are inhabited by people and eventually invaded by demons and is turned into a scorched and barren world that god then begins to prepare for a second shot at populating it with humans.

I suppose it's a natural extension of the constant interpretation and re-interpretation of the Bible that Christians have been doing for centuries as humanity gains more and more knowledge about the world.  Perhaps we should have expected that they would find a way to shoehorn the age of the universe into scripture.
actually this is called 'gap theory.' It is a very old theory dating back to the 1800s. The problem with this theory is one has to ADD to the creation account, to make it work.

While I move the 'gap' from the completion of the garden of the 3rd day and the fall of man which many believe to be on the 8th day. I simply state the fall of man could have happened on the 8th day, but it could have happens a 100 billion years after the creation of the garden as well!! This means if the world was left to evolve outside the garden on it's own time, we can also account for the city on Nod, and the people the descendants of Adam married without going into incest.

Simply put there is no time line.

(January 16, 2017 at 11:01 am)Crossless1 Wrote:
(January 16, 2017 at 10:49 am)Dric Wrote:

ROFLOL
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

A swing and a miss!

I'm not arguing that you're wrong because you are a minority of one. Rather, I'm suggesting that you are a minority of one because you are batshit crazy.

ROFLOL
So... Removing an artificial time recorded in religion not found in the bible and the statement God completely the world in the garden to reflect what it would look like outside at the time of the fall/explution due to natural evolution makes me crazy??

Why?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jesus did not rise from the dead -- My debate opening statement. - by Drich - January 16, 2017 at 11:02 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Never-Ending and Quite Exasperating Debate We All Know of Leonardo17 7 244 April 10, 2024 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Why did Jesus suffer for sinners and not victims zwanzig 177 19266 June 9, 2021 at 11:14 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  Catholic Bishops statement on Biden. brewer 9 795 January 25, 2021 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Invitation for Atheists to Debate a Christian via Skype LetsDebateThings 121 12704 June 19, 2019 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Did Jesus ever have a perm? Cod 32 4414 April 3, 2019 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Why did the Jews lie about Jesus? Fake Messiah 65 5884 March 28, 2019 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  Did Jesus decompose? Natachan 77 5893 March 26, 2019 at 8:18 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  Did Jesus call the Old Testament God the Devil, a Murderer and the Father of Lies? dude1 51 8508 November 6, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  How long did Jesus spend in Hell? Gawdzilla Sama 43 7025 February 5, 2018 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  New WLC debate Jehanne 18 3394 March 28, 2017 at 3:32 am
Last Post: Nihilist Virus