Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 10:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video]
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video]
(February 2, 2017 at 2:28 pm)robvalue Wrote: I covered this. Yes, he might have talked to me. But I didn't understand the message if so. And he must know that I didn't.
Kinda like the Pharisees huh? What if that is the whole point? What if there is a standard of Humility one must seek to obtain to communicate to God, and you ablity to communicate is based on your willingness to humble yourself to this level?

Quote:I didn't say he's senile if he didn't, that was one humorous possibility which you seem to have fixated on. He may well just not want to talk to me at all. Or be dead. Whatever. How should I know?
You 'should know' in the same way you know someone you are not in direct contact is not dead or whatever. Through those who have communicated with them.
Quote:If he wants to talk to me, and for me to understand, he should be able to do that. If my unintentional "shield" powers are more powerful than God, then I guess I'm pretty swell.
But again what if the whole point is you come to Him Not He chase after you?

Quote:
What's this "on my terms" business? Hundreds of people manage to communicate with me perfectly easily. Even my dog manages it. Even my rabbits can convey messages of a kind.
In general yes and God easily communicates in general with those who follow protocol. It would be no different than talking to The PotUs or Queen. just because you want to communicate with one or the other and just because the ingenerall communicate with people daily, does not mean they want to communicate with you IF you do not follow the protocol that they put in place around themselves.
Quote:I get silence "from him", if there is a him. It seems to me that doing things "on his terms" means just accepting whatever you tell me he is saying.
Not at all Silence 'From Him" is simply listening to the wrong idea of God. "I" am no where to be found in the equation that has you finding the right 'idea' of God. That take you and the bible alone.
Quote:Why is he failing? Why can't he do what everyone else can? How powerful do you think I am?
The only failure here is yours. In that you do not see your own failure to speak to God as a sifting process. You don't see yourself as chaff, weeds, goats or any other undesirable material God is separating out from those in whom he is looking to preserve. Not that your destiny is locked in, you simply assume that God wants to speak to you as you are. When in fact God's efforts with Christ on the cross was to give you an opportunity to be heard by Him if you Humble yourself as you have been instructed.

Quote:I'd be perfectly happy to talk to him. I have no problem with it. Ask him to try harder. I'd be very interested to hear what he has to say. Why exactly would I not want to hear? All I'm saying is I'm not interested in what you say he is saying. He shouldn't need a translater.
But again, if God is not who you think him to be... How would you know when you are and when you are not talking to Him?

Messages In This Thread
If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by robvalue - February 2, 2017 at 5:55 am
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by robvalue - February 2, 2017 at 12:54 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Chad32 - February 2, 2017 at 1:08 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Chad32 - February 2, 2017 at 1:58 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Drich - February 2, 2017 at 2:20 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by MTL - February 9, 2017 at 3:31 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Drich - February 10, 2017 at 11:39 am
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by MTL - February 16, 2017 at 2:55 am
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Drich - February 16, 2017 at 10:44 am
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Drich - February 17, 2017 at 11:12 am
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Drich - February 9, 2017 at 11:32 am
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Cecelia - February 2, 2017 at 6:49 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by brewer - February 2, 2017 at 6:56 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by brewer - February 2, 2017 at 7:54 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Cecelia - February 2, 2017 at 7:57 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by brewer - February 2, 2017 at 8:54 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Foxaèr - February 3, 2017 at 3:26 am
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Drich - February 17, 2017 at 4:11 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Athene - February 17, 2017 at 9:00 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Nay_Sayer - February 17, 2017 at 10:48 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Drich - February 20, 2017 at 12:16 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Drich - February 20, 2017 at 10:50 am
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Drich - February 20, 2017 at 4:12 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Drich - February 22, 2017 at 1:38 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Drich - February 23, 2017 at 12:38 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Funny video - Saturday Night Live - teen thanks god during thanksgiving Ferrocyanide 4 799 November 7, 2021 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Are there any theists here who think God wants, or will take care of, Global Warming? Duty 16 3570 January 19, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Smedders
  11-Year-Old College Grad Wants to Pursue Astrophysics to Prove God’s Existence Foxaèr 49 7117 August 2, 2018 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  My dad wants me to marry another christian Der/die AtheistIn 40 8324 September 23, 2017 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: mordant
Video New video: space, time and anger robvalue 15 3056 March 6, 2016 at 5:07 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Lets talk about sex. loganonekenobi 56 10334 September 2, 2015 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Oh, You Talk to God, That’s Cool! I Need Some Answers Salacious B. Crumb 40 10818 August 20, 2015 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 20168 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  Prospect: god wants me to play for Seattle Tonus 4 1282 February 24, 2014 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The 'Proof' Christians Don't Talk About Mystical 39 12078 January 8, 2014 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: Mystical