Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 12:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Thinks Britian Is Spying On Him On Orders From Barrack Obama
RE: Trump Thinks Britian Is Spying On Him On Orders From Barrack Obama
(March 22, 2017 at 8:40 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(March 22, 2017 at 6:54 am)Brian37 Wrote: Nothing wrong with Celine Dion or Bryan Adams. The layperson music fan doesn't really seem to understand that most famous musicians/artists/singers are not monochromatic in their musical tastes like their fans.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Dion and Adams both specialize in MoR formula pabulum. I can see how you wouldn't mind it; you're an ABBA fan, after all.

(March 22, 2017 at 6:54 am)Brian37 Wrote: I still like RUSH but looking back at their lyrics, they don't strike me as rebels but more like trust fund rockers with a libertarian bent. Same with AC/DC, their guitarist is dressed up in a prep school outfit, hardly a motif reflecting the worker.

"Trust-fund rockers"? What does that mean?

(March 22, 2017 at 6:54 am)Brian37 Wrote: I like RUSH and AC/DC and ABBA and Metallica and Manhattan Transfer, Michael Franks, Paula Abdul, Pat Benatar, Weird Al. So some people like Celine Dion and Bryan Adams? If they sucked so bad they would not be famous or sell albums. Not liking something at that level only means you don't like it.

No shit, Sherlock. I'm expressing my opinion.

(March 22, 2017 at 6:54 am)Brian37 Wrote: I have never understood why people like Bob Dylan. I can't stand his voice. But again, that is just me and that is the point. Art is merely that which works, and by proxy of his success, he works for many. Just like ABBA. Just like rap, country, thrash metal, jazz, pop. Just like paintings and poetry. Art is subjective.

I'd suggest that Dylan's songs resonate not for the timbre of his voice, but rather the emotional impact of his lyrics. And for people who pay attention to that sort of thing, it works. His voice, with its imperfections, does much to convey the emotion of his lyrics.

Tom Sawyer t"he gets by on you", and "mean mean pride" kinda negates the other line "don't put him down as arrogant".

Red Barchetta 

"My Uncle Has a country place
No one knows about" implying his family or at least his extended family is well off.

Barchehettas are two seater sports cars. Teen boys certainly can have an affinity to those things, I did at one time, but I also came from the suburbs and my family was middle class. Those lines in that song do not strike me as a poor family or even middle class family in desperation.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Thinks Britian Is Spying On Him On Orders From Barrack Obama - by Brian37 - March 22, 2017 at 8:56 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Palestinian Man’s Lawyers Say Israeli Police Marked Him With Star of David WinterHold 8 671 August 23, 2023 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
Thumbs Up President Biden orders mass deportation of immigrants onlinebiker 135 6157 September 22, 2021 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  All the god-ding in the world couldn't fix him arewethereyet 17 1343 May 12, 2021 at 8:52 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Obama: This simple '60 Minutes' question was 'too tough' for Trump WinterHold 7 792 October 31, 2020 at 10:33 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  BREAKING: Former Twitter employees charged with spying for Saudi Arabia WinterHold 14 908 September 6, 2020 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Turkey's Erdogan orders the conversion of Hagia Sophia back into a mosque AniKoferBo 91 3069 July 15, 2020 at 4:44 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  West Virginia, WH dumbass, send him home. Brian37 42 3075 March 18, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Trump Projected His Academic Shortcomings Onto Obama Cepheus Ace 15 1112 March 8, 2019 at 8:32 am
Last Post: Yonadav
  North Carolina orders new election. Brian37 4 590 February 22, 2019 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Donald Trump Thinks that the F-35 is Invisible to the Naked Eye... ReptilianPeon 32 4848 November 18, 2018 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist