Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Organic Molecules Found 400 Light Years From Earth
RE: Organic Molecules Found 400 Light Years From Earth
(August 8, 2017 at 9:20 pm)rjh4 is back Wrote: To Popeyespappy

Quote:It's called chemistry.

Assuming you are talking about life arising from non-life via naturalistic mechanisms: Really? It's as simple as that? Then please explain the mechanism for all of us. Don't hold back. I do have a degree in Chemical Engineering and have worked with technology for the past 34 years. I know I would be able to understand where you are coming from. Just lay it out for us.

Quote:In the decade or so I've been hanging out on forums like this one not a single solitary Christian has come up with a valid explanation of why life can't happen without god.

So somehow it is the Christian's burden to prove that life can't happen without God? Nonsense. Since you would be the one asserting the positive that life can happen without God, the burden would be on you. Can you show that life can't happen with God? Would it be reasonable for me to charge you with the burden of proof there? I think not.

Great! As a chemical engineer with 34 years of experience, you should be uniquely suited to finally explain to all the ignorant atheists which physical laws are violated by naturalistic abiogenesis and evolution. Help us understand why it can't happen without god. Once you have done that you can share with us why you think it had to be your god and not Mbombo.

Since you have brought your qualifications in this field of study why don't you tell us a little more about them? Being a chemist doesn't automatically mean you know anything about biology. What do you know about recent research in areas such as RNA formation or Sulfur Iron world? What makes your opinion more trustworthy than that of someone like Bradley Bucar, author of RNA Oligomerization in Laboratory Analogues of Alkaline Hydrothermal Vent Systems? Because he obviously doesn't believe god was required, and he is actually working in the field of abiogenesis. As such, I'd probably hold his views on this subject in higher regard than those of someone that has spent most of their life developing pesticides or coatings. Unless of course, you can tell us why what he is doing is impossible without your god.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Organic Molecules Found 400 Light Years From Earth - by popeyespappy - August 9, 2017 at 10:16 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earth's Gravity Hole Bucky Ball 2 572 July 29, 2023 at 1:27 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The shape of Earth h311inac311 162 25249 December 4, 2022 at 1:06 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Young Earth Creationism LinuxGal 3 812 November 26, 2022 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Earth’s energy budget is out of balance Jehanne 5 588 August 20, 2021 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  NASA: Asteroid Could Still Hit Earth in 2068 WinterHold 52 4395 November 7, 2020 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Possible signs of life found in the atmosphere of Venus zebo-the-fat 11 1502 September 14, 2020 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Did Einstein Say Light is Massive? Rhondazvous 25 3167 July 8, 2019 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Puzzling thing about Speed of Light/Speed of Causality vulcanlogician 25 2656 August 24, 2018 at 11:05 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Irresponsible caretakers of Earth ignoramus 50 7427 April 9, 2018 at 8:12 am
Last Post: JackRussell
  How Cn Gravity Affect Light When Light Has No Mass? Rhondazvous 18 1884 March 2, 2018 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: polymath257